www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I saw on the PDGA site like 6 months ago a discription about what division to play. It listed a description of each of the Am categories and the Pro category. The description said things "Am3 should be able to make 5 out 10 from 20feet and drive over 275" or "Pro should be able to drive over 350 and make 7 out of 10 from 30 feet". It didn't say that exactly, I'm just giving you some examples. I wanted to read it again but I can't remember where I saw in and now I can't find it. Can anybody tell me where this info is please? Also, it wasn't the Player Division Grid where I saw this info. It was a helpful guideline for each division. Thanks.

Tags: PDGA, guidline, help, me, please

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know the document you are talking about but I can't find it online. Here's what I had on file from 2000. Recognize that was before we had Rec division in-between Int and Novice and Advanced started around 900+ rating.

World Class Open: Player has many years of disc golf and tournament experience, throws 375-500 feet or further, makes 9/10 putts from 25-30 feet, rarely makes a mistake, and has a shot for every situation. Scores: under 47

Average Open: Player has several years experience, throws 325-450 feet accurately, makes 7-8/10 putts from 25-30 feet, and has a variety of shots (rollers, forehands, etc) to draw from. Scores: under 50

Advanced: the top amateur division, available to amateur players of all ages. Mostly younger and upcoming players who have played 2-3 years and are gaining consistency and experience. Throw 275-425 feet, make 5-7/10 putts from 25-30 feet, developing different shots. Scores: under 58

Intermediate: for players who have developed basic Frisbee® and disc golf skills and/or have tournament experience. Throw 175-300 feet, make 4-6/10 putts from 20 feet, can throw backhand with some accuracy. Scores: under 65

Novice: for beginning players who are learning basic Frisbee® and disc golf skills. Scores: over 65
I saw that listing too and after one tournament and summer leagues I realized that someone one the bottom end of the advanced description would probably lose in the rec division. It would be interesting to use the hive mind here to get a description of the different catagories.
Try it rate each division in:
Drive range
Ratio of 25-30 foot putts made
50% range (distance you would expect to sink half your putts)
Shot selection
These guidelines for courses and divisions reflect the knowledge of skill levels observed over recent years:
http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/PDGASkillGuides2009.pdf
Yeah thanks Chuck and MIDG. I wonder if they just removed that document from their site. I remember seeing it like 8 or 9 months ago. They also might be trying to update it or whatever, who knows.
There are a lot of docs on the old server that haven't been brought over yet. I'm sure an updated version will get there as they methodically move thru the files.
The handicap ratings have made these guidelines obsolete. Now all that matters are the scores you post.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968