www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Has anyone had the opportunity to try out any of their discs yet?  They have several 13 speed drivers as well as some pretty sweet looking fairway drivers.  All of their discs float.  I've been looking for some decent floating discs for years and haven't been able to find any.  I used a Dragon for awhile but that wasn't a great disc.  I was excited when the Wahoo came out but then it was only released in R-Pro plastic and that was no good.  As of now, DKG only has one plastic, Copper, which the president of the company says is comprable to Pro plastic.  Not the greatest but definitely better than R-Pro.  He says they are working on releasing their discs later this year in premium plastic, and that it will float as well.  I'm stoked to try this company out!

Tags: DKG, float, floater, floating

Views: 532

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't understand why they would make so many speed 13 drivers.
Shouldn't be long now til I have one of these in my bag!
I'm not sure either. However, it's nice to have some options for speed 13 drivers that float. I think that's what the industy has been missing for too long. I think they're just getting started and hope they'll expand their line of discs with more fairway drivers and midrange discs.
I was finally able to order one of these earlier this week and it should be waiting on my doorstep when I get home from work today.  I'll take her out this weekend and see how she flies!

I got the Boom and my first impression, before even throwing the disc, is that the plastic isn't quite the quality I thought it was.  I could be wrong but it doesn't feel as durable as I was hoping.  The stamp is a bit messy (reminds me of the days when Gateway was handing out discs for free) although if it doesn't affect the flight, it doesn't matter much to me.  It's a super domey disc and the lip is unlike any disc I've ever felt before.  It has a beveled inner lip that is supposed to reduce griplock.  It felt a little strange at first but the more I grip it, the more I like it.  We'll see how it feels tomorrow when I try throwing it for the first time.

I was just a tad late for ya, I had one and hated it. Gave it away to some random guy on the course. Maybe an ok thumber disc but that's about all I could see out of it.
You couldn't even see using it on a scary water hole, given that other floats?
No I have a destroyer for those holes, had it for 3 year now and throw 90% time on water holes. It has yet to find the water, funny thing is I hate destroyers. That's why it was a water disc lol.
I think the Boom is a good disc and I'll use it on some water holes.  I'm super disappointed with the plastic though.  It's gonna get banged up really easily.  Hoping the company comes out with floaters in a more durable plastic.

I am really intrigued by the lip on the discs... It feels very comfortable, but I'd like to see how it rips off the fingers.  How was that part of it for you?  I'm hoping one of my friends buy one so I can try them.  :-)

The lip really wasn't a huge factor for me either good or bad for the Boom. My buddy ordered the Hail Mary and the lip on that one was pretty crazy. It felt comfortable but I didn't get a chance to throw it. It is supposed to reduce griplock but when my other buddy threw it, the disc slipped out of his hand way too early.
I just ordered a Protege. It is supposed to be a high speed understable driver. When it arrives maybe I can give some feedback.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968