www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I play at the park and people are friendly but when i am at a tourny I meet some real gems.  They wont even acknowledge you when you say something to them and are more obsessed with rules than playing. As you get better you seem to meet more of them. The biggest dooshes are the worst golfers what do ya know

Views: 842

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

if the biggest douches are the worst golfers, I must be a real asshole :P

I don't think I'm the worst, but I am far from great.  So I must be like a medium douche.

No matter where you go.......

There will always be a doosh.

There will always be an asshole.

There will always be a jerk.

F*ck em. Just play.

Sometimes I think it depends on the division. I love being in the Masters, but I've noticed lately that a lot of the Am 2 folks are a bit precocious and douchey!

I think you mean Douche Bag !!  There are always some. Just try to avoid them when possible.

Well, today we had a large group (7-8) behind us and a bunch of duos in front of us (we were a group of three). The duos were cool, but the group behind us was trying to rush us and there was no where forward for us to go. We almost got hit a few times by their discs and, on one hole, they drove before we even finished putting and we almost got hit again. I could have done without that today. But, we also met a cool guy and his gorgeous disc golf playing girlfriend at the end of our round and they were really cool. So, it evened out...

There out there, but they are out numbered a thousand to one with some great people out there. My fist tourney was a blast! They were all so cool to me. Heck I'l never forget that I was the first to keep score. Well we started on hole "7", but I was so nervous. I started scoring from hole one! DDddooohhh! When I told my foursome about it. Ever one of them told a story about how they did the same thing. Be cool and respectful to others and with time, they have no choice but to be the same.

I don't think the number increases, so much as the pressure does.  As you, "make your way through the ranks," the dgers tend to get more serious about their score and how they finish in a tournament (not all, but a higher percentage).  At that point you encounter more players who are trying to make sure they play by the rules, and will expect that other players at the same level do too.  Add someone having a bad round to the mix and it can be pretty grueling.  The good news is, most of the disc golfers are out to have a good time, and even if they had a bad round can still be pretty cool after the round is completed.  

Yes.

Imagine if this sport went mainstream. The number of "DBags" would be epidemic!

Properly spelled Dueche, give the guys some credit here! Just give them a silent crop-dusting!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=duech

the ""please dont play music" players.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968