www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am not talking about getting the chunks of mud off, I mean clean them when you get home. I heave heard of some people running them through the dishwasher. Anyone else do anything like that? I personally just let them stay a little dirty and throw them again next round.

Tags: clean, dirt, dirty, discs, dishwasher, mud

Views: 2545

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i tend to only clean mine right before a turny or a big round. alittle soap and
water and a soft rag does the trick well.
The only time that I get crazy and actually take the time to clean off all my discs is the day before a tournament when I don't have anything else to do and cant think about anything else I give all my discs a good wipe down and redo the starting line up of discs
Thats more than enough !!!
if they get super dirty I'll take them and wash them with hot water and mild dish soap with a sponge.
Seen a few guys carry around a spray mist bottle !!!!
Has anyone tried the dish washer?
To clean disc off the bottom of lakes or creeks, I mix hot water from the tap with a big squirt of dish soap and a small scoop of OxiClean in the sink. Let the disc soak for about a half hour and scrub with a rag or soft Scotch-Brite pad. Cleans the discs up like new, but the Scotch-Brite pads can be hard on hot stamps.

You Can Put your discs in the dishwasher, just NO HEAT and NO DRYING THEM in there. Let them AIR DRY or TOWEL.
It is the heater coil being on inside the dishwasher that WARPS your discs.

http://www.clearwaterdiscgolfstore.com/advanced_search_result.php?k...
when I first started I got into it almost as much as sleeping with my guitar ( which I did ) . I would draw out the course on paper and plan out each shot and which disc, and then take all my discs into the bathtub with me and clean them off while I looked at my "course map" and visualize each throw. then I would get drunk. I was HARDCORE!!! haha.

I know.. twisted.

I was young, what can I say.

now I only clean them in the sink if they absolutely need it. dirt adds flavor to a throw :)
dry towel is all that's required... if there aren't clumps of mud, grass, leaves, or crap on the disc, then it's throwable... I's say the dirtiness makes the disc have character...
Acetone is the strongest Ive seen, but ya it will clear take off your stamp so unless your gonna use surgical persision, Hot soapy water works best with a sponge, One Thing I have recently discovered for cleaning your wall pieces that should already be clean, is "GOO GONE" this works like a charm , its like waxing your car the way it makes them shine, Ive gone ahead and tested it on the all my foil stamps and white stamps ( on the 11x KC Tee Bird) and they all are just fine. spray the disc w/ a mist of it, using a soft smoothe towel and then over again with a dry one.
All I can say is... Sham WOW!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968