www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am not talking about getting the chunks of mud off, I mean clean them when you get home. I heave heard of some people running them through the dishwasher. Anyone else do anything like that? I personally just let them stay a little dirty and throw them again next round.

Tags: clean, dirt, dirty, discs, dishwasher, mud

Views: 2445

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Won't the heat from the hot water warp the plastic?
If I have played in a muddy or crappy weather event. Once I get home, I set my bag up to dry and take all the discs and just run water over them to clean the debris off. No scrubbing or detergents allowed. Makes me feel better!!!
I don't put them in a dishwasher, but I do wash them with soap, H2O and a sponge. I like them clean! I figure they are a kinda sorta flight plate. So the more areodynamic the better! Sorry it's the firefighter in me! MUST BE CLEAN!!!
I throw much better with freshly cleaned discs. I clean them with hot water and a scrub pad, and for the discs that have dimples I use a bristle scrub brush.
Acetone does a good job but be careful of the stamp, It will take it off.
i have before but not in the dishwasher. i just carry a damp rag and wipe off as i'm playing
I do it the old fashioned way just a toothbrush and soap and scrub them. does any body have any suggestions on how to get permanent markers off of discs without taking off the stamp with it?
sometimes but I'm lazy! Simple green works great.
Every time they get wet...other then that, no cleaning needed....a little dirt don't hurt
I haven't tried running my discs through a dishwasher, but then I won't even leave them a hot car on a Summer's day if I can help it.
only when they have spent some time in ivy or oak. I try to remove those oils no sense spreading that around. :) soap and water only.
No Dishwasher , unless you like'm Warped !!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968