www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am not talking about getting the chunks of mud off, I mean clean them when you get home. I heave heard of some people running them through the dishwasher. Anyone else do anything like that? I personally just let them stay a little dirty and throw them again next round.

Tags: clean, dirt, dirty, discs, dishwasher, mud

Views: 2438

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's a good idea to clean 'em once in a while for the same reason you wash your hands. Your discs land in poison ivy, dog poop, etc. Don't do it in the dishwasher, though, unless you want to change the flight - warm water and dish soap.
Hi all. The one disc I clean thoroughly is my putter. I find it revives the original tackiness to stick to the chains better - like when it was new. Check it out, I'm sure you'll feel the difference. Plastic/rubber composites are pourous material so the dirt tends to adhere to it, then we beat it in until it makes the surface slick. Clean that surface real good with your common dish sponge, dish soap and warm water (not hot) and feel the difference after it's dry. Watch out chains!
I clean mine with baby wipes after every round. Too funny I just finished cleaning mine and my gfs.
Keep them out of the dishwasher!!! I clean after every round. Fill kitchen sink up with warm soapy water, scrub the flight plate, wing and inside of the rim, and then dry with a paper towel. I use the paper towel because it can get to any remaining particles left on the disc. The discs just seem to fly better.
I don't have a dishwasher but every now and then I bring my bag in and rinse off my discs in the kitchen sink. I use a little bit of soap on 'em. Considering the deer droppings, doggie piles and other nasties lurking about, occasional cleanings seem like a good idea. I also wipe out the inside of my bag now and then.
After playing disc golf I always clean my hands with a moist towelette before driving off in my car, and sometimes I do the steering wheel, too. Stephen Colbert cited a report stating that the dirtiest part of our car is the steering wheel. Yowsa!
I wouldn't ever use acetone. It effects the plastic and makes it all slick. I know this bc I have gotten or taken disc back that were mine and the culprit was like "what did you write your name with, I tried everything to get it off!!" The only time I clean mine is when I get a disc back from Lake Olmstead and it smells so bad I want to vomit when I get into my hot car in the summer!! Mild soap and warm water if you really need to clean them.

JeremyRogers said:
Acetone is the strongest Ive seen, but ya it will clear take off your stamp so unless your gonna use surgical persision, Hot soapy water works best with a sponge, One Thing I have recently discovered for cleaning your wall pieces that should already be clean, is "GOO GONE" this works like a charm , its like waxing your car the way it makes them shine, Ive gone ahead and tested it on the all my foil stamps and white stamps ( on the 11x KC Tee Bird) and they all are just fine. spray the disc w/ a mist of it, using a soft smoothe towel and then over again with a dry one.
Comet cleanser and a sponge !!!
I use No. 0000 steel wool, soap and water. The super fine steel wool will clean like a champ. Don't scrub, just use like a wash rag.
Use paint thinner and No.0000 steel wool to get off the stamps too. Works like a charm.
I had a friend that ran his through the dishwasher and the soap had some kind of dual cleaner in it. His discs ended up with a coat on them almost like wax. He couldn't throw them because he couldn't hold on to them. He replaced most of them after that. We laughed at him forever.
Never put your discs in the dishwasher.
Ok now here is the funny story that goes along with this. I have many white discs and did not want to lose them during rounds in the snow. So I ran all the white discs through the dishwasher to clean the grime off of them. I made sure not to have the Heat dry cycle on. Anyway everything came out flying the same, no warping, no film, and I took marker and made designs on them all so they would stand out in the snow. Didn't loose any of them.

Nascar Dave said:
I had a friend that ran his through the dishwasher and the soap had some kind of dual cleaner in it. His discs ended up with a coat on them almost like wax. He couldn't throw them because he couldn't hold on to them. He replaced most of them after that. We laughed at him forever.
Never put your discs in the dishwasher.
the only cleaning mine get are the dry off in the rain,which i do less than average.there is dirt from 40 states prolly on some of them

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968