www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

On Tourney days do you eat between rounds? If so what do you eat and why?

Along with this If there are any people in the know, ideally what is the best thing to eat between rounds of golf?

Tags: eating, nutrition, perfomance

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok, more important then eating in between the rounds I would say you need to have a good breakfast, nothing too big, maybe a bagel w/ cream cheese, not greesey. If you do that you will feel good all morning and you will be ready for lunch, Ive never seen anyones game go bad by eating maccaroni salad, and/chicken ceasar w/ some water , I would stay away from heavy and greesy foods for lunch tho, you will feel sluggish and it will slow you down.
If it is casual play, I'll eat a huge breakfast and usually won't eat again until dinner.

For the rare occasion when I am willing to haul my butt out of bed early on the weekend and play a tournament, I eat a lighter breakfast plus a moderate meal between rounds along with a beer or 2 to get that 2nd round started off right.
For us Cheesehead golfers, the season matters. In the winter one should eat a little hardier breakfast because you also need the energy to stay warm.

I try to keep a tube of trail mix in my bag for the bigger tournaments. I'm sure many have been stuck in a round that lasts hours more than was planned.
Some of you sound more like dietitians than disc golfers. You Guys could spend less on diet/energy bars and have enough money to pay to play. Haha
jim said:
hippiediscdude said:
Mountain Dew + Oatmeal Raisin Cliff Bars + Camel Lights + 420 = Breakfast of Champions!!!

http://www.scidye.com

At least there was one decent thing on that list:)

I'm sure a few could say...... " A big bowl of Weedies, has been part of my training regiment" lmao!!!!
I like to eat sunflower seeds or chew on some beef jerky during my rounds, It keeps my mind from wandering I guess. Between rounds I always eat a banana and drink some water.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968