www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

People yell fore so much at our course that I really don't bother to look anymore. I figure if I take a disc to the face then so be it. One time I turned around and used my throwing hand to block a disc the day before a tourney. Probably not a good choice. People yell fore so much at our course that I've taken to yelling things back like "Square root of 16" or the perennial favorite "Three plus one". Can't tell I was a Math major in college, huh.

I always figure that it's better to take a disc in the back of the head instead of the face. It's always annoying when you get that one group that yells "fore" every time they tee off. I always try to add a bit of info like "Heads up on 16 tee - Incoming".

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I always look but none have ever come that close
It depends on the intensity of the yell...a normal yell...sure ya look...but if it's an intense yell...It might be too late...and looking may not be such a good idea...so depending on the intensity of the yell.
...yea, if it's an intense yell...I am ducking and covering...learned that in Elementary school when they showed us how to react to a Nuclear attack...hehehe
yeah yeah...and you get a good handle on where the incoming disc is by looking at your buddies eyes who are looking back....a very intense yell. duck and cover!!
If I hear it more than once than yes I turn around with my hand up usually....I yell heads up...it seems to be more effective while playing. Even people in the park look. You yell heads up and everyone thinks to protect themselves.
Not taking a gernade to the face! Hit the deck.
Usually my caddie shoots the discs down with the skeet shotgun he carries,ha
Generally I take the duck and cover approach. However, I find it that more often then not by the time they yell fore it has already hit someone in our group.
I duck and cover if I think it is headed my way.
I took one in the face at the World Championships and got stitches!
Scott Martin yanked it well over the yellow ropes and into the middle of the crowd.
Disc Golf has scarred me for life.
Works well when you need to get people out of the way...
the stitches to the face story always gets them to move aside.

If its behind me I just grab my putter and keep it on the back of my neck. If they are Sreaming it I will step towards a tree or get in front of my little brother. He is taller than me anyway
And now you've got Nukes to worry about on the disc golf course. Who says you don't learn anything valuable in school.
Seen A Guy just recently , take one to the Face !!!! OUCH !!!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968