www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

People yell fore so much at our course that I really don't bother to look anymore. I figure if I take a disc to the face then so be it. One time I turned around and used my throwing hand to block a disc the day before a tourney. Probably not a good choice. People yell fore so much at our course that I've taken to yelling things back like "Square root of 16" or the perennial favorite "Three plus one". Can't tell I was a Math major in college, huh.

I always figure that it's better to take a disc in the back of the head instead of the face. It's always annoying when you get that one group that yells "fore" every time they tee off. I always try to add a bit of info like "Heads up on 16 tee - Incoming".

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I duck my head and put my arms up to protect the old mug. My dental insurance isn't all that good.
A nice, clear close-up photo of you bleeding and smiling was sent around back when it happened. Do you happen to have a copy?

Scott was a buddy of mine. I probably passed it on to him.
Although its hard, the best thing to do is not look and cover up. If a disc is going to actually hit you, the worst thing you could do is look in the direction that its coming from. Doing that will just give the disc more of an opportunity to hit you square in the face.
Yeah, no doubt "Heads Up" implies immediate danger...duck and cover on that one!!!
Agreed. I may hold a disc up to the back of my head if I have one in my hand. I saw a guy take it in the side last week. I think that someone in our group threw and was off course. We all yelled and then there was that Thud sound. I asked the other guy in front of us if he had gotten hit and he told me that he took one to the side.

The problem at our course is that you hear it so much you tend to get desensitized to it. Especially when there are some jackasses yelling it every single time they tee off. We always seem to get a few of those every week.
i guess as of right now my natural instinct is to catch what ever disc is flying near me, granted a disc golf disc can hurt more so than an ultimate disc
dont catch them, knock them down. A golf disc can destroy your hand if caught especially a driver.
mine is to get out of it's way.
I throw my hadns around my face and head just in case. I have been clocked from a drive at around 20 feet from the tee and it was not good!!
And yet you're still a nice looking young man.
ok i read this to
I duck!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968