www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

My first was at the old Dallas course on Skillman, across from Lake Highlands H.S.
It was on hole four, about 330 feet slightly down hill, not too much a grade but a slope really. Between to rows of tall cedar trees sitting about a hundred feet apart and spaced at about twenty feet between trees.
I threw a Lightning B2 Stealth, which was a huge dinner plate, and flat like a pancake. It flew pretty straight, only jumping up and down a few inches at a time all the way down the fairway, then about twenty-five feet in front of the basket, it veered left and headed straight at the chains. Solid hit.
The next thing I know, I'm on the ground on my back, kicking my feet in the air and screaming like a banshee. Good stuff man.
I'll never forget my first, almost like it was yesterday and it was way back in 1991.

Tags: ace, first

Views: 95

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't recall the date but my first Ace came during our weekly doubles event. It happened on Hole #7 @ Timmons Park in Greenville. The hole is a short dog left left that requires you to throw a high hyzer shot around a mando. I threw a Whippet and aced it. I ended up getting cash for my first ace so that made it even sweeter.
June 9th 2007 My first was at Mazerick park from the amatuer tee on the old course hole 6. The shot is uphill and the basket is off to the right. Semi-wooded. I flicked a pink Star TeeRex. The flight was perfect and as the disc started to fade to the right, we heard chains. Of course I screamed and jumped around. the group of frineds that I was playing with, we were all beginers adn is was exciting. I jumped around and screamed some more. My buddies thought I was going to have heart attack. It was the best thing in the world. I have the picture of me holding the disc over the basket in a frame on the nightstand next to the bed. Yeah, I'm crazy but love this game.

You mean this hole Chadly?

Chad Knight said:
I don't recall the date but my first Ace came during our weekly doubles event. It happened on Hole #7 @ Timmons Park in Greenville. The hole is a short dog left left that requires you to throw a high hyzer shot around a mando. I threw a Whippet and aced it. I ended up getting cash for my first ace so that made it even sweeter.

My first (& only) Ace came Nov 23 2006 at Mars Hill College DGC in Mars Hill, NC. Hole #11 is a downhill shot fade right around an OB fence (shule area). You can't see the basket from the teebox. I threw a BH anhyzer shot like I had done many times before & somebody said "I think I heard chains". I wrote it off because I had been having a less than perfect round & I was not in a good mood. When we walked down to the basket there is my DX Cheetah sitting in the basket all nice & cozy. It kind of irks me that I haven't had another one but I guess that's the way it goes.
The first ace... It was a strange one. I was playing with a friend from school who had just started playing at Reed Canal Park in Daytona Beach. The park was very new and the fairways were still a little shady... The hole was short, around the 200 foot mark but the fairway was no more than 4 feet wide in some areas. When I threw, I was certain I was hitting a tree (which I did) but it only skimmed off the side and redirected the disc right into the basket. I don't think I actually celebrated just because I couldn't figure out how the hell it happened. The way I see it, when you're first starting... it's sometimes best just to be lucky...

My first ACE came to me on a weekend camping and drinking with the boys. I came to the hole and it was a down hill hyzer shot around 196 feet i let go of my worlds bigest disc golf weekend disc out to the right and slowly watched it fade down left to the basket. We had a few more beers to celebrate that one!
Yeddie VanHalen said:

My first (& only) Ace came Nov 23 2006 at Mars Hill College DGC in Mars Hill, NC. Hole #11 is a downhill shot fade right around an OB fence (shule area). You can't see the basket from the teebox. I threw a BH anhyzer shot like I had done many times before & somebody said "I think I heard chains". I wrote it off because I had been having a less than perfect round & I was not in a good mood. When we walked down to the basket there is my DX Cheetah sitting in the basket all nice & cozy. It kind of irks me that I haven't had another one but I guess that's the way it goes.

So THATS where that teepad is! We couldn't find #11 the only time I played there...

My first and only ACE was #8 at Boiling Springs, about 140 uphill to the right. Up until this past spring I had never successfully throw forehand but had been working on it and this was the hole to try as it is so short. Sure enough, I flick a yellow Star Leopard up there and it smashed into chains, but I had to step off the teepad to look around some trees to see it's flight. I jumped around crazy-@ss but was playing alone that day. Fortunately, there was a parks dept guy in a front-end loader just a few feet away to give me a high-five and initial my first (and ONLY) ACE disc, which I lost the next weekend on hole #14 at the same course during the tourny I had been practicing for.... sigh

that I would add my picture for everone. ha
Tino "SilverBack" Medina said:
June 9th 2007 My first was at Mazerick park from the amatuer tee on the old course hole 6. The shot is uphill and the basket is off to the right. Semi-wooded. I flicked a pink Star TeeRex. The flight was perfect and as the disc started to fade to the right, we heard chains. Of course I screamed and jumped around. the group of frineds that I was playing with, we were all beginers adn is was exciting. I jumped around and screamed some more. My buddies thought I was going to have heart attack. It was the best thing in the world. I have the picture of me holding the disc over the basket in a frame on the nightstand next to the bed. Yeah, I'm crazy but love this game.
Do I ever!! I am not sure of the exact date but I do remember it well. It was on hole #3 at Riverview Park in North Augusta, SC. A short blind tee shot, uphill going right to left. The craziest thing about this ace was the round before a buddy of mine was like "hey check this disc out, I think you'll like it" and handed me a brand new DX cheetah. I grabbed it from him a flicked and flicked a forehand turnover and all the sudden we heard chains!!! It was the first time I have ever heard chains after a drive and we were all going crazy!! We ran up there only to discover that it was on the ground...not quite an ace but pretty rad! Well, the next day, my brother and I are playing and I was telling all about my near ace and getting all excited about throwing hole 3 again. This time my buddy wasn't with me so I had to throw one of my own disc, a DX gazelle. After I released it, it felt pretty much like the throw from the round before and we waited....CHAINS!!! I knew it was in bc this time after it slammed the chains we heard a faint clunk which told me that it fell into the basket and stayed!! I ran up the hill and there she was looking so sweet in the bottom of the tray...my first ace!! Then, I didn't get my next for like 3 yrs, but it was worth it--it my first tournament ace and it was a jump putt!!! I've been hooked ever since!!
My first ace was with a esp comet.The hole was around 225, I had a terrible throw, hit a tree,and went in.Not very exciting.
man I like the pictures, they add to the thread, and I love hearing about the aces

Brown Park Ann Arbor, MI in 2003. A great guy Gordy Matthews who passed away a few years ago from brain cancer, hooked me up with some of his old discs (that were new compaired to what mine looked like) and some pointers after we got done playing a round. I was excited to go try them out so I played another 18 by myself. As I approached hole #10, a 153' left fade, the guys taking a break on the chairs told me to go ahead so I sepped up and tossed the Discraft Elite Pro APX RHBH, one of the guys sitting there said "that's going in" and it did. I was pumped, especially because those guys decided to take a break, otherwise I would have been the only one to whitness my first ACE. Also, being a new player then I didn't have a Sharpie, luckily one of those guys was already bringing me his and said "you gotta sign the post!" Thanks Gordy, I'll never forget that generosity, and the day some guy gave me new discs and tips that earned me my 1st ACE!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…
 

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968