www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Mine was a yellow 150g DX Valkyrie and I still have it but have not thrown it since 2006.

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My first disc was a Pluto Platter. It cracked and we threw it out. Fast forward a decade and my first golf disc was a Discraft Cruiser, or so says my brother Jon. I still have a Discraft Cruiser, but not that one.
My first disc was a dayglo Elite-Z Cyclone that a friend found and gave to me. The first disc I bought was a Blue Elite-Z Discraft Putt-R. I'm sure I lost the the Cyclone, and the Putt-R is now in my little brother's bag
One of my first discs is , help me if you can with an explanition of it, is a red stamped Innova banshee that has a stamp on the front that says, Discraft PDGA disc golf world championships, team michigan. I bought a lot of 4 discs an the person's name on the disc is , Ron Howard # 14747, Who made this disc? ZMAN.
A Discraft Tracer 177. Still have it. It is very banged up. I throw it every once and awhile.
Dark blue barracuda. Wish i still had it. When I started, someone with a lot more experience told me "don't get too attached to any one disc. The more you use it, the more likely it is to disappear." I understood later that wasn't as pessimistic an outlook as I thought at the time. What he was saying was to know what you would throw if you lost your 'go to' disc.
DX ROC, the only disc I would ever need....
DX Archangel and DX Rhyno about 4 years ago. I don't think I have either anymore
My first disc was a 167g Pro line starfire light pink. I absolutely loved it and had some awesome rounds with it. It's now retired in the garage.
hey now,world class from wham-o soo many years ago.laid to rest somewhere/sometime ago in Jersey.Just another memory.Present day DG would of been a Valk'00 169 weight.Lost /drowned in Florida water trap!!
My first disc was a sky blue magnet. (I had no idea what i was doing when shopping for a disc) But i do still have the disc.

However, the story of my second disc is way cool, and much more mysterious.
I was playing for about a week, with the blue magnet. Since I was hooked, I found myself at Kensington one morning at about 8 am. I was clearly the only person on the course since there were no other cars in the lot. As I walked through the tunnel and up the hill and began to approach the bench by 5's long tee, I noticed there was something resting on the bench. As I got closer I was in disbelief. It was a disc, and it was in a clear plastic bag. It was a screaming orange roc with the blue rock stamped on it. I threw it and had a fabulous shot. I retired the magnet and that was the disc. It was the only thing I threw for months. Then, playing in one of my first couple of tournaments at Grand Woods (playing the course blind and only a couple of other discs for back up), I threw it on hole four, that baby flew like it never had before off of the tee. FOr my second shot, I threw it under the basket, or so I thought. It must have caught an edge and rolled into the flooded river that I had no idea existed. 10 years have gone by and I still dream of that rock.
I just wanna know where the heck it came from!
X2 that was my first and my baby is gone! Hopefully flying for somebody but perhaps dead lying in some tall grass somewhere hopefully on the Beuty or Beast Course lacated in Ludington, MI.

This is where are relationship united and ended.

I'll never forget you x2 (R.I.P.)!
innova xd and aero and still have them from back in the 90's

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968