www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have recently switched to the APX swirl putter and I love it. The only problem is when it's breezy out. If I try to use it for an up shot (between 40 to 75 feet) it tends to turn over. Even with just a slight headwind. So I've been thinking of using my good old JK Aviar for shots in the 40 to 75+ range. I don't think it should mess with my putting "feel" but I thought I would see if any of you use two diff. putters.

Thanks and peace!

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Putting is about comfort and confidence.
Like Donny said, there are many many great putters out there that work for all the many different people out there.
I used to smoke it with the old 86's from Wham-O, but they do not make stiff ones any more, so I switched to Aviars.
I like a stiff putter so I can put the proper angle of release on it for the flight plan I have mapped out.
I carry two putters, they are the same model, but different life spans.
New putter for left turn hyzer and beat old putter for straight and anhyzer shots.
I use the putters for just about everything 150' and in...they are the most accurate disc in your bag.
Remember, get comfortable and feel confident and any putter you like will glide into the sweet spot!

Most overstable putter I've thrown.

Lotto said:
Is the Zone supper overstable?

yup.
I usually walk up to a putt with two putters in my hand (a Rattler and a Magnet) and decide which one to use based on the conditions.

Of late I have been carrying 4 putters in the bag. 2 Magnets, one soft, one hard, and 2 Rattlers, one beat in, one fresh. Each has its own place for upshots, based on conditions. But the starting lineup for putting requires good results or else it gets sent to the bullpen.
This is great advice Donny! Throw what you feel comfortable throwing. If it is a polecat one day a avair the next and a banger half way through the 2nd round throw what you are comfortable throwing and trust to sit in the basket.

Donny Olow said:
As long as the disc your putting with , feels right for you !!!!! There are so many Good discs out now a days.

Best way is to experiment with different types if possible.

I use a JK - Pro Aviar - X . When they are new , they are slightly overstable.

I have used Stiff and Softer Putters and here is what I found out. The Stiffer Discs hold a better line longer , while the Softer Discs tend to stick better to the chains. I does vary also depending on whats working better that specific day !!!

In Hotter weather , I'll use something Stiffer . In Colder weather I'll use something softer !!!!

It's still difficult for me to say whats alway best for every situation !!! It's what you have confidence in and trust to Fly like it's intended to !!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968