www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

When I first started disc golf about three months ago the only way that I seen people wrote their aces was on the sign at the tee.  When I started throwing regularly with some local pro I noticed that they wrote theirs on the bottom of their discs.  I only have one ace and I wrote it on the bottom of my Buzzz.  I was just wondering what everyone else did

Tags: Ace, Aces, Tags, signatures

Views: 19

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't write it down unless there are witnesses. I have some charts here at home where I write down what I aced and when and with what. I have 5 aces, 3 with witnesses, but only one with sigs. The other two were with a guy who doesn't believe in that kind of thing. He's kind of annoying.
I didn't have anyone sign it but about 12 people saw my ace. I wrote it more for me then anyone else I just wanted to note where and when I got it. I do have a friend who signed his own disc though.
I wirte it on the disc. others around write it on the sign, but i would rather not have my name on a park sign (public property) one course by us did make signs with a spot to sign if you do hit an ace, so that would an ok apot to sign a sign
High 5...nice shot...move to next hole...no writing on disc
yes hole # and possition ,date..2 this year so far,buzzz and sidewinder
write them on your disc, get witness signatures! never write on park property, makes our courses look bad.
Yea i have a few reasons that I don't like the sign on the sign. 1 it looks bad and is disrespectful of the course. 2 after there are too many on the sign you can't read it anymore. 3 at one of our local courses individuals sponsored holes. One is dedicated to lost family members and writing on that sign would be disrespectful as it gets in disc golf(there is no writing on this sign yet but the course in very young)
Unless you say you are going for an ace, its just a missed shot. I think 17 down, heck 12 down is better than an ace.
I'm always going for an ace. Got one two weeks ago. Everyone in the group signed the disc.

I was thinking that it might be nice to have a list of aces somewhere, the person who got it and the hole and pin position. But I'm not sure how we would implement that. It would just be nice to have my name amongst the other names of people who have gotten aces on our course. And how would you prevent people from just making up a story. They would have to be validated somehow. But it would be cool.
One of the courses in central MA does little plaques 1 inch tall by 3.5 inches wide and nails or glues them all around the post for any aces. You get your name scribed on the plaque, the date, the hole #. They used to do it for free, but now its a couple bucks for cost and a little to the course fund.
I honestly have 3 aces, but unfortunately, I was playing all alone that day! Ya best day ever 3 aces with my champion wraith, but no one believes me at all! so i dont parade it around
Never!

....I might consider it for the 100th Ace since that one will join my first on the wall.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968