www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I just got done playing in Bowling Green Ky this weekend with a few friends and after playing one certain course i couldn't help but go back to what I saw...which leads to this question.

Does a course deserve to have a bad rating based on the fact that the locals in the area trash the course...I mean trash everywhere, tee signs stolen, graffitti everywhere?  Or should this just be something that is overlooked....

Personally I don't think i will ever go back and play that course again...but that's just me, let me know what you guys think!

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well what if your negative feed back woke up the community of DG'ers in that area to voice out locally to get something done about this matter?

think of it like this: Your voice goes out to the community of DG'ers in, say, Bowling Green, Ky. and they have heard several others with the same opinion. -> that community of DG'ers might voice this to the community at large that they are getting a bad rep about their parks -> goes into a meeting of making their parks better in order to bring revenue into the area due to the fact your not going to drive 1 1/2 hrs to play 1-2hrs of disc golf and turn around BUT in fact you will probably need to get gas, something to eat or drink, maybe visit a local shop or something, maybe you not personally but if the park itself started getting great reviews how much MORE would people want to actually make the drive

i donno ultimately it's up to you and the community at which you played at, if they dont have a problem with it...let it go
You can rate a course based on whatever standard you wish. Whatever is important to you is up to you. Trash and pollution are legitimate concerns. There is a course close to me I seldom play due to trash and vandalism. There is a course within an hour drive of my home I have not played in several years because the stream running through it is polluted (well among other problems).

One of the advantages of disc golf is we get to enjoy being outside. But not all places outside are nice.

Filth sucks. I have noticed that pay-to-play courses seem to be better maintained and attract more responsible players.
I think when you pay to play alot of the money goes to keeping the course clean and mowed. In which case i dont mind paying $2 to play at stoney.
If you play at stoney, hudson mills, or plan on playing much at cold brook, I would suggest getting an annual on your vehicle and bag...
Write a bad review and dont worry about being politically correct. Most people dont want the" Im super positive" description of a coarses downsides. If its a nasty place to play it is going to be even if you sweet it up with ways to improve it.
Are you referring to Preston Miller by any chance? Definately the most vandalized course in BG.
Personally, I don't think that the issues at hand have too much to do with "reviews". Apparently this is a problem for whoever maintains the course.However, I am a little surprised that a course in Bowling Green would be in such a condition because Bowling Green acts like a "Hub" to disc golf. My home course is a freakin' swamp, but for the most part is a fairly decent place to let 'em fly. It is also a decent place for beginners. Of course if I see anything, I usually pick it up. It is frustrating, I understand as much. It is my home course and I will do the best I can to keep it that way. A couple of buddies and myself attended the Ice Bowl in Paducah. I remember trash( bottle caps and beer cans, etc.) and graffetti (carvings in benches and some paint). The course overall rocks! You'll either hate playing there or appreciate the fact that it'll make your game tight. I guess what I'm saying is, to make a long story short, maybe someone should address this problem to Bowling Green parks or whoever is in charge of maintaining the course. Oh! By the way, thanks for your involvement in War Memorial. I love that course and HB did a hell of a job with it!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968