www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Does a disc stuck in the side of the basket have to be pulled THROUGH the basket, to the inside, to count?

I thought the rule stated that the disc must be supported by the basket or chains in order to count, this does not say anything about pulling the disc through the basket in order to count. I was under the impression that as long as you got to it and pulled the disc out before it fell, it counted.

Right or no?

Views: 330

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you just have to get to it before it pops out! you do not have to pull it through.
this is correct...unless your group all agree the disc is "at rest" then there would be no need to hurry to pull it.
Pulling through just ensures you don't knock it off and onto the ground. You dont want to lose the miraculous sticky putt.
I've seen this happen and it was good because it's supported by the basket.
Still have not seen anything official about this "at rest rule" I've been hearing about. can you give me some official reference about this?
i got an Ace this way with my r-pro dart. Right in the basket. no sound. it was crazy! i pulled it through to make sure it didnt fall out and hit the ground, but i dont think it matters...
There isn't anything official addressing it.....falls back on the group makes the call.....rules of fairness...at least that's how I would interpret it.....

Check out the Rules Club.....Chuck has chimed in there on the "At Rest" call
So at rest doesn't count in a PDGA event? If its not in the rule book how could it count in an event?
it's a group call...if the group all agree that the disc is at rest..then the disc is at rest. ...got to go....be back later...read the thread in the rules club..later nibs
rule 803.13 (B. Disc Entrapment Devices: In order to hole out, the thrower must release the disc and it must come to rest supported by the chains or within one of the entrapment sections. This includes a disc wedged into or hanging from the lower entrapment section but excludes a disc resting on top of, or hanging outside of, the upper entrapment section. The disc must also remain within the chains or entrapment sections until removed. ***Until Removed***
***Until Removed*** This means to RUN FAST! ;)
The disc must be "Supported by Basket or Chains."
You are required to remove it for it to count.
When you see it stick, sprint to remove it!
If it pops out before you arrive, mark it and take another stroke to put it back in.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968