www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Does a disc stuck in the side of the basket have to be pulled THROUGH the basket, to the inside, to count?

I thought the rule stated that the disc must be supported by the basket or chains in order to count, this does not say anything about pulling the disc through the basket in order to count. I was under the impression that as long as you got to it and pulled the disc out before it fell, it counted.

Right or no?

Views: 318

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is my personal pet peeve! I'd be 6-8 strokes better this yr alone if this rule was different!

i hear ya Nibs, you know i personally think i stick more in the side of the basket than i do on top of the basket, i as well always thought one on top the basket should count, by the way that's a pretty white blunt putter you have there! and of course as far as those putts in the picture go....DENIED!!! LOL
Yup still using the blunt. those are just a few of the pictures I have just from this year where I ended up on top. Two of them were this week! Someday the PDGA will see the light! The disc is suspended above the ground by the target, how much simpler could it get? I know it is just an errant shot that had a curious outcome, but so is one stuck in the face or hanging from the outside of the basket!
Do you think the rules need changed to expand the target? I don't.
I'd be 6-8 strokes better per round if hitting the side of the basket was good. But the target is IN the basket/chains, not on top or hitting the side.
Not to offend by sounding blunt about it...actually I don't mind at all....As smart as these guys are who make the rules...you'd think they use a little common on this particular rule.....Either supported by the entrapment device period....or completely inside the target area.

To me.....to avoid confusion....the rule should be supported period...On top...Inside....hanging...Wedged...SUPPORTED!!
Hey Jamie we see eye to eye on this one! LOL
I hear you. The key word here is SUPPORTED !!
I've seen this happen in a tourney this year and we got a ruling from the TD that it counted.
On top?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968