www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Check out this pic of my shoe!! Destroyed!!!!! I don't even realize it during my drive, but I drag my rear foot on forearm (sidearm) shots. I total out a pair of shoes in about a month of disc golfing. Are there any suggestions what to do about this, besides the obvious quick answer.."pick up your foot!!".

Views: 56

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Http://shoegoo.com
a superior adhesive and sealant that easily and permanently repairs all types of footwear.
It adheres to all kinds of materials and dries to a waterproof, flexible rubber.
http://www.biosafe-inc.com/shoegoo.htm
Advice-throw more with your arm than your body-increases accuracy by limiting unnecessary extra movement!
YES; Yes, I've killed many sneakers before trier time.I don't throw as many flicks anymore but I use to put rubber cement on the toe of my right foot.
Either don't use the tee pads (concrete) or buy better shoes.
Suggest Merrells.

Notice the rubber wrap around the toes. They hold up!
I dominantly drive forehand and have blown out the toes on a good pair of merrells(very similiar to the one pictured) and several skate shoes, also a pair of pumas WITH toe caps. I filled the hole in my old merrells with shoe goo, that wore through in a few weeks. After the shoe goo had worn through I filled the hole with JB Weld steel epoxy, that worked really well, took forever to even start scratching it. Alas I left those shoes on my porch after a muddy round and a neighborhood cat mistook them for a litter box.
I recently picked up a pair of BITE footwear Trekkers (http://gottagogottathrow.com/discgolf/bite-trekker-disc-golf-shoe-p...) a great shoe for only $28!! I hope i can find those tuff toes at my local sporting good store.
Has any one tried dipping the toes in that rubber compound made for tool handles? PLASTI-DIP http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip
Ive heard of people painting the bottoms of their disc bags with this stuff, to keep it dry in winter and wet grass.
mine look the same way. I switched to backhand drives.
Those are Sweet Disc Golf Shoes !!!
I forehand 60% of my drives and I have never done this to my shoe...so that tells me that I am no 'toedragger'--but I couldn't tell for the life of me what it is I do to no drag my right toe. I can tell you that most of my forehand power (consistent 375' to 400' off the tee) comes from my one finger grip+forearm strength+wrist snap--but if this ever happened to my shoe...I'd be changing my technique...
I bought a pair of merrells very similar to those just for this reason. They lasted about two months.The they are in my garage and they still look great except a hugh hole in the toe.. I've had the keen disc golf shoe since Christmas and they are still holding up. They are messed up for sure and I could use a new pair soon but no the toe doesn't have a hole. My new shoes will be again be keen. $120 bucks, but the merril were at least $80
Seriously, y'all pay that much for a pair of shoes? My current pair of Nike Reax cost me $5--and still going strong after 18 months and nearly 400 rounds; not to mention hiking, playing real golf, running, tennis...but I could handle the $28 BITE shoes--just barely in my ethical price range!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968