www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Two of my discs have developed a wobble. It's probably from heat as I keep my bag in the trunk of my car. What ever the cause my Buzzz and MRV both wobble now and they didn't used to do that. It is any throw, even spinning them up a few feet. Any suggestions on straightening them out? Or, am I going to have to buy replacements?

Tags: flutter, off-balance, wobble

Views: 43

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Assuming the discs are now warped maybe leaving them in the sun laying down on a flat piece of wood or something could work. Maybe even putting a heavy flat object on top of them. If it doesn't work you're not out any more than you are now right?
Put it in the dishwasher....regular cycle (140* ish)...not on the super hot sanitize mode(175*+)....stack it in the freezer when it's still warm...right out of DW...right in to the freeze...it's better if you run several discs and stack several discs. That should straighten it out.
Interesting, you ever actually do that?
I have done 2 things with great success.

1. set it upside down and pour boiling water into it, add ice after significant shape has been restored.

2. Put it in a big enough skillet of hot water, just before boiling and add something on to to force shape and add ice.

It is extreme measures and should be the last thing you try, but I have fixed a couple discs of "D" and "Candy" plastic in this manner.
Thanks guys! I ended up submerging them, one at a time, in boiling hot water. Then laid the disc face down on a flat surface, ladled in hot water and set a heavy flat bottomed iron pot filled with water on top and let it cool. It worked quite well. I won't know for a while whether they will hold their shape, but for now they fly like new, no wobble. Thanks again.
i just put them on black top all day long in the drive way and they flatten out good but its gotta be a hot ass day

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968