www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Here's a weird question. On every new Innova disc I buy, I notice there's a little blank white rectangular paper sticker on the edge of the underside of the rim. I can't imagine Innova putting them on every disc without some sort of purpose. Does anyone have any idea why the little blank white sticker is there?

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Like the fairy dust response.
Homing Device..stick on basket..Chains!!
Actually I put those white tags on the disc. I don't like to use Sharpies. So if you find anymore with the tag please mail the disc to me. Thanks for your help in this matter
You are incorrect about the stickers. If factory installed they are legal. Also read the disc specification rules. it clearly states that the manufacturers are allowed to use permanent stickers to identify the models.

If installed at the factory, it IS legal.

If you disagree with this, then please show us the rule that deals with it.
lmao, nice response.
lol
I dont think fairy dust is legal.
The ones that get shipped via air really need those because I have seen some serious damage to flight plates from vaccum conditions between 'stuck' discs
Actually, those little white stickers mark the exact spot to place your finger when you grip the disc for the best shot possible......
Those are breath rite strips that the kebbler like elves that make the disc dropped into the batch.
The white stickers are used to break the seal between discs. This is primarily because when Innova was shipping from California to South Carolina the discs would go through atmospheric pressure changes while crossing the Great Divide, suck down to the disc below it, and create an inconsistent product by altering the dome.

Mike
Fairway Flyerz Discs
If it is, I'm sure someone will do a big news story about it and fix the "problem" LOL.
Just remove that little sticker before play.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968