www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I just got some latitude 64 discs in Gold Line and Opto and I would like to dye them but I don't know if the plastic will hold the dye.  Has anyone tryed to dye these types of plastic?

Views: 167

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i believe it is the same as champion?, if so, it will hold.
the answer is yes

That looks unreal!
Yeah. Not my work. Done by the infamous Chuck.
I spent the whole day dyeing opto and gold plastics today. yes they take dye very well, in fact the white gold plastic seems to dye brighter and faster than star or esp.
That's pretty sick, wouldn't mind getting my hands on a dye like that.
i don't understand how you dye multiple colors without messing with the other colors. i can manage two tones if one is black, i lay the black down first then my other color, how do you get 3 without destroying the other? black, red then blue?
cut multiple sheets out and careful re-place them. Also you should be able to do more than 2 colors man. Think about how it works. You do black first cause nothing will dye over it right? Well other colors can work the same. Like with red. You could do black, red, remove more vinyl and throw yellow in there. The yellow won't turn the red to orange. It changes the tint slighty but it still looks really good. Like in this dye http://www.discgolftalk.com/threads/100-Tiger-Dye . I used black, red, and orange...then dabbed in the blue eyes. The dye looked great and the person I made it for was really happy with it. But the disc posted in this thread if I had to guess. A) was cut on a plotter B) 4 sheets were made. Each time you do a color you put a new sheet down. It is a time consuming process...There are others ways I am sure to pull this off...like using a brush and only coloring areas that get that color as opposed to soaking it on the stove.
I just dye one color, then re-mask and do the next, then re-mask and keep going until I get what I want. I do the "dipping" method of dyeing. its pretty simple. 8 colors in this one!

that striker dye is, well, striking...not sure I dig the bowling theme (soccer!) but who cares?! The art and dye job rule!
ok, thanks bro, man, multiple masks, your cuts have to b spot on and your placement over it, but yea, that would work. i have problems getting all the sticky stuff off from the vinyl at times. leaves a cool marbling effect, but not cool if that's not what you wanted.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968