www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I just got some latitude 64 discs in Gold Line and Opto and I would like to dye them but I don't know if the plastic will hold the dye.  Has anyone tryed to dye these types of plastic?

Views: 182

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I get the sticky stuff too. On the vid that is online they say to use hot water to remove the vinyl but I have found that if you use cold water there is much less of the residue left on the disc. A lot less actually. Last disc I did it was an old used disc and only one spot had the residue and it came off quickly. All of my disc have come out much better with the cold water. Try that. The only thing with masking the vinyl is that it gets expensive try using contact paper. You can get a big roll of it for cheap...Tino "sliverback" Medina uses this and I think it turns out wonderful. Check out his dyes if you haven't already. All very clean and good.
contact paper, huh? never heard of it, i'll look into it, thx bro.
why thank you kind sir!! also, I noticed discraft seems to "collect" more of the residue around where the stamp was removed, so a simply blast and scrub with goof off helps to clean the disc. It will run the fresh dye so this has ot be a practiced technique. THis tacky mess seems to only happen on discraft so I think they have more glue in the stamps then innova! NO biggie!!
sorry for multiple responses, contact paper like you put in cabinets to protect the shelves. Get the clear type (has a square graph on backside that can come in handy as well. In NC, I pay $5.26 a roll of 24 feet. Its called "CON-TACT made by kittrich. happy dyeing1!!
Thanks Silverback!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968