www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I just got some latitude 64 discs in Gold Line and Opto and I would like to dye them but I don't know if the plastic will hold the dye.  Has anyone tryed to dye these types of plastic?

Views: 145

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

why thank you kind sir!! also, I noticed discraft seems to "collect" more of the residue around where the stamp was removed, so a simply blast and scrub with goof off helps to clean the disc. It will run the fresh dye so this has ot be a practiced technique. THis tacky mess seems to only happen on discraft so I think they have more glue in the stamps then innova! NO biggie!!
I just dye one color, then re-mask and do the next, then re-mask and keep going until I get what I want. I do the "dipping" method of dyeing. its pretty simple. 8 colors in this one!

I spent the whole day dyeing opto and gold plastics today. yes they take dye very well, in fact the white gold plastic seems to dye brighter and faster than star or esp.
that striker dye is, well, striking...not sure I dig the bowling theme (soccer!) but who cares?! The art and dye job rule!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968