www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I just recently bought a star sidewinder, but it doesn't hold it's normal left to right flight path (RHBH) as well as I had expected. Is this because the star plastic is a bit more overstable than champion or dx?

Tags: overstable, sidewinder, star

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, at first. Star plastic tends to be more overstable, but becomes less stable than the champ stuff. One other tid bit. Months ago Dave D. from Innova was on this site and talked about the diff plastics. Needless to say. All my "high speed" discs are Star plastic (Teerex, Destroyer and Orc) and the "slow speed" discs are in Champ. (Sidewinder)
If you search "star plastic" or "night shift Orc" you can view his resposes to the diff plastics and their character diff.
Mine was definitely more stable than I'd expected. Same with the star Monarch.
Buy them in lighter weights. Lighter weights take some of the stability out of discs. My Star Sidewinder is 164g. It will stay turned if you put a bit of anhyzer on it. If you throw it with a small amount of hyzer it will cut the sweetest S-line you have ever seen.
I agree with Russell. I bought a 175 and a 167 Sidewinder and the 175 is more stable than I wanted but the 167 flies exactly the way I expected.
I've noticed that as well, my Star Max and Star Xcal were near impossible to flip over and now i'm doing it constantly with backhand and sidearm. My champion plastic is still just as difficult to turnover and I've had the discs the same amount of time.
My star(163) roadrunner flips.My star (161) sidewinder needs some help to flip.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968