www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am just wondering if you all get grief about playing the most wonderful sport ever. I have tried to get her to come out and play but she told me it is just a bunch of dirtbags looking for an excuse to get away from there wives then i said there are women that play too and it turned into oh so that is why you play geeeezzzz never ending grief HELP

Views: 51

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wife #1= disc golf widow , Learned that lesson only girlfriends now, and they know I disc golf from day 1. If not I could get really fat and out of shape. The girls usaully go for that one.
Sorry to hear your grief, Phillip. Perhaps I can shed some light on the subject.

I went from a girlfriend who likes to play, to a wife that didn't like it, to wife that does not play, but supports me playing. How did this happen? Did I break her off for another? NO! She is the same women, just three different time periods. You see, I had to work with her, much the same way yours needs to work with you. I told her that disc golf is a part of who I am, and if you love me for who I am, then you need to learn to support me and disc golf; and to fight it will ensure that our relationship will suffer.

Now there are two parts to this story. I told her that I will always support her hobbies/passions if she supports mine. My wife likes to run, so I make sure she has new shoes, attends marathons and races, and moreover, just has time to do so.

Find a way to support her interests first, then she should support yours; and then maybe your grief will be a thing of the past.
Guess I'm lucky. Mine hates it! but she also doesn't mind me playing either. Curious? We are both older, so that might be a factor? I think when you get older. It's not as big of a deal to do different things from each other.
Yeah, same here. But she doesn't hate it..just not into it.....rarely do I get any grief. I'm good with that!
The only complaint I hear is: "Stop coaching! Sometimes I just want to play!"
No, never has my wife given me grief. She actually tries to get me to play a little more, but I don't right now. This summer I did about 4 leagues and 1 tournament. Before children I never missed leagues rain or shine and did more tournaments. We have a basket and she gets me out putting. It is something we can do in the yard while the kids are out there. I am hoping by next summer the oldest will be really interested in the mini basket :)

She had never heard of the sport before I came along. She has since sewed her own bag that carries 4-5 discs, done a couple local tournaments and has gone to a Des and Jay Reding clinic with me. Des helped her with her putting. Sometime and outside coach is better.

The kids all have their PDGA numbers. I insisted in that ;) She got hers with the first child.

She knows all my local discgolf friends.

Like the one person mentioned. Support her in her endeavors.

My personal experience:
Marriage player rating went up
Children player rating dropped
I get MAD grief yo. Totally sucks. Some day Ill shoot her. Then Ill be free!
yep yep yep yep yep all the same, it gets easier
That's sweet that you call him your wife... I didn't know same sex marriages were legal in WI yet.
My wife doesn't want me to answer this!
my girl's good with it, she has the ms and knows that getting me out and doing what i love to do keeps us on the happy road ...... i'd go gnuts without dg
My wife is so far very happy about my interest in the sport. She's going to try it as well. I think she'll be more interested in a casual "family fun" approach involving lots of 20 foot drives by my step children, (kinda like those days when I am handling bobbers and worms & my own fishing gear is there strictly for show) but she will also be okay when I want to do Disc Golf things on my own. Either way will be a GREAT DAY.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968