www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am just wondering if you all get grief about playing the most wonderful sport ever. I have tried to get her to come out and play but she told me it is just a bunch of dirtbags looking for an excuse to get away from there wives then i said there are women that play too and it turned into oh so that is why you play geeeezzzz never ending grief HELP

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My wife loves it when I go, but doesn't play herself, Why, Well, I make fiberglass backed longbows from antlers at my shop here at home, I'm frequently covered in ITCHY fiberglass dust, and the smell from smoked antler is a real eye opener, so when I'm working she cannot touch me or I'll get glass dust all over her bass, so when I go for a weekend of disc golf, I come home to a wife that's all polished up and ready for action, so hey, even if I have a bad day golfing .......I don't care.....I still get lucky,lol,lol....been together 24 years, but sometimes there's just not enough weekends,lol,lol......
Thats not good,What exactly made her call us all" dirtbags"? Usually its self esteem issues.Is she big,loud,and opinionated,
My wife totally gives me grief, but she doesn't do the jealous wife thing. Sorry dude.
I wouldn't say that my wife gives me grief; but I would say that she is jealous that she doesn't get to play--so it could be worse. If she was able to play more (as she did when we played nearly everyday in while dating in college 10 years ago), she would dominate--and I do mean dominate--the other female players in our locale. But she has the hardy and necessary task of rearing our 5 and 3 year old (whom I brainwash with pro-disc golf propaganda from birth) so she is not usually able to get away from the house.

The bigger issue at stake is that I work so much during the week; she reminds me that my children don't see me as much as they should--and so the weekend disc golf guilt trip goes. But, I must admit, she is right. Family first--always.

In time, she will be able to play more, the kids will not need constant supervision, and all will be well. In the meantime, I am satisfied with the rounds I get to play.
My wife is just glad that disc golf is my worst habit. It's economical, good exercise, doesn't involve lawyers or bail bondsmen (except as members of a foursome.) And most of all it gets me out, so she can have the house to herself. Guess I count myself as lucky.
Always get your Wife to play a few rounds with you so she can understand the Sport.
My wife has played disc golf with me, and she likes to play, but only when it is just the two of us. She is what I like to call a fair-weather disc golfer. She doesn't like to compete and she only likes the "pretty" courses.
I too fill my child's head with pro disc golf propaganda. He loves to be out on the course and I can't wait until he is old enough to keep up with us on foot.
i've gotten my wife out a few times so she understands what i'm doing, but most of the time she just tells me to go have fun. as long as my "honey-do" list is taken care of, she won't give me grief.
It sounds like your married to my wife! I did get Laura to go play dg with me after I went with her to the funeral home. A lady she works with mom had died and she didn't want to go by herself so we made a deal. She played the first hole, drove on the second, third and fourth holes and then walked to a picnic table after hole eight and got on the internet on her cell phone while waiting for me to finish the round. There were a couple of my "dirtbag" friends (her words not mine) playing a couple of holes behind us and they knew I must have gotten something on her because I have been playing for years and they had never seen her there before.
good attitude
bloody dirtbags

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968