www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

On hole where it is heavily wooded and a small path of entry for a dog leg left, what is the best way to approach the hole, forehand or an anhieser backhand?

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You could also learn to use that heretofore useless appendage on the other side of your body. It takes some practice.

Forget it. Disc golfers don't practice.
Whatever you are most comfortable with, really. When I approach a hole, I don't even think about which way to go beyond, "Which has the least trees in the way?" It's the same with straddle-putting around an obstacle: whichever look gives you a better opening is the way to go. This, of course, assumes you are equally accurate either way. Myself, I am hardly accurate, in my opinion, but I taught myself to throw many different angles solely because of that fact. More options is always a good thing.
ok so what i think you are saying is a dog leg right depending on how far the basket it and everything matters... here in Houston there is a hole like that also at bear branch number 17... Now for that hole i usually thro a nice overstable destroyer as close as i can to the right and let it turn down the tunnel... Also if i don't feel like that is comfortable i try a nice wraith skip. Something that wont fan skip. If thats not comfortable and i wanna practice something i try a roller with a aviar lots of things you can try midranges drivers and putters are all good for this shot. Just remember whatever you try pick another disc up and try something else.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968