www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

In fact my whole group got it wrong the other day. I was taking relief from OB perpendicular to OB and it actually took my lie backwards. They said I couldn't do that. The official rule is in 802.03 Marking The Lie, section D.

If the position of the thrown disc is in-bounds but within one meter of an out-of-bounds line, the lie may be marked by placing a mini marker disc on the playing surface at any point on a one-meter line that extends perpendicularly from the nearest point on the out-of-bounds line and passes through the center of the thrown disc, even if the direction takes the lie closer to the target. For the purpose of marking the lie, the out-of-bounds line represents a vertical plane.

Really surprised because these guys were all experienced players as well. I knew I was right and threw from my mark where I had put it.

One guy even had a rules book but either didn't find the pertinent rule or didn't want to admit he was wrong.

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Also the one guy with the rules book had been wrong before about another rule. That is the moving of objects that are in your stance. Currently you can move any object behind your marker even if it extends in front of your marker. He argues with me about that one as well. And possibly he argued with me about a huge downed tree that was over top of a disc. We moved that because it was a casual object affecting stance and was not permanently attached. Yes, it took two people to move it but it was 100% legal. Famously Tiger Woods did the same thing in ball golf with a boulder once.

I don't carry a rules book but I know the rules. Frankly I wish I had a rules book with me or a smart phone because I would have made my point much faster.

One of the guys who was in my group and actually had a rules book is still arguing with me about it on our club's Facebook page even though he is completely wrong. I suggested that he email a rules official from the PDGA and then get back to me. LOL.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968