www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

How do you handle the payouts of your ace pots for out of towner non club members?

We have started a super ace pot as well as the ace pot. Super ace pot is $5 and $1 for normal ace pot. You can do 1 or the other or both. Currently the super ace is over $1500 combined over 2 grand. It seems now people are coming from all over the state even some from out of state to play. My question is would your club pay out the pot to someone who's never played or payed into any of our ace pots including one so large? Also a second question. Do you have some sort of park maintenance fee apart of your doubles?

Views: 104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've seen our club pay out the ace pot to a 1st timer. I don't know if that's standard or not from club to club... I'd probably suggest something like 10% to 1st timers or non regulars once it gets as big as yours is

Thanks for your input.  I was thinking something like this or cap it out at $500 for non club members when the pot gets this big which to me is still a large pay out and fair.  

I'll be on the next plane. Man that is one big ace pool.

Definitely cap it for non-members. I've never heard of an ace pool that big. It's kind of like the lotto.

We just started the super ace this year.  Our previous largest as $950.  Its a pretty cool idea if your TD is trust worthy.  It definitely makes things interesting for sure. 

Should cap it off and keep rest for next pot!!!!! Will keep more people away!!!!! 1500 is a a lot of money!!! People will travel a long ways for that!!!!!

Around here ace pots don't get that high---we have lots of aceable holes---but there are no restrictions on out-of-towners or first-timers.  One of the arguments for the ace pots was to bring in more people to doubles.

You also might think about having several Ace Pots !!!!!  Cap one at $ 1,000.00 , Next one at $ 500.00 , Next one at $ 250.00 etc !!!!

Cap it.The regular players eventually might abandon playing with hard feelings toward the club.money does strange things to people,especially in the economic times we are all having.

Basically in the clubs that I belong to we cap the "Ace" funds for "Nonmembers" to what is taken in during that day or round.  This encourages enroolment into our club as serves as an incentive to be more active in our course versus showing up, hitting an Ace and leaving.

Next, I have seen at another club, where they cap the "Ace" pot to a certain limit.  When that limit is set, any money collected then gets put into another pot and so forth and so forth.  This way, when an "Ace does get hit, people usually do not have to wait until the pot gets built back up.

Our club is planning on collecting for fees. Example, dropping a CTP (one of several) and using that as a club fee. or just charging an extra dollar for club fees.  This way it serves as revenue for future tournies, or maintainace and upkeep. 

Hope this helps.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968