www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Once you crack that frosty brew on the course you encounter the dilemma: either chug the beer or have it slosh around and go flat while it rides in your bag. My good friend and fellow drunk Phil Shelton taught me this trick: Use a wine cork in the beer bottle.

We know good beer rarely comes in cans. Probably anything that comes in a can should be chugged.

I reluctantly admit I seldom drink while playing, saving it as a reward or a condolence for after the round. Please don't boot me out of this club.

Views: 54

Replies to This Discussion

I my self like to have a growler for a round. It's enough beer to last a round. It has a lid to put back on so no spilling and the beer I use is ok when it gets warm.

I have tried a few different things to keep beer in my bag without spilling it, or having it splash all over my bag. I finally ended up with one of these Nalgene bottles: http://www.nalgene-outdoor.com/store/detail.aspx?ID=1208

It stands tall enough to be easily accessible, and the lid flips up and down easily, in addition to keeping the beer from spilling out. I can pour almost two beers in it (depending on how much head develops), but I usually pour a bit down my gullet anyway, so there is no issue with volume. Mmmmmmm...beer.

Magic Hat #9 is my go-to. I LOVE it!!
OK Genteelman and Dolls,

If we're talking about really goood beer and can vs bottle on versatility, lets talk. Anybody from Colorado can set the record straight about GREAT beer in a can. From Ska Brewery they make a Special E.S.B. and a killer hoppy beer called Modus Hoperandi..not cheap but hey..we're not drinking the champagne of beers or the "king" of beers here. Another one is from Oskar Blues, actually they have 6 beers in cans, by far they are the "pioneer" canned microbrewery. Personal favorite is the Ten Fidy and you will only need 1 to make it through the 18 holes, when you have two..well.. the putts seem more like drives on the later holes..it has an ABV of 10.5%, they sell it in 4 packs, be warned. All of the others: Gordon Ale, Dale's Pale Ale, Old Chub, Momma's Little Yella Pils and Gubna are absolutely delicious as well. Why let bottles grind you down when you can pack it in, drink it down, crush it and open up another and gaining space and weight in your pack all the while!!! Pack it in, pack it out and like the The Toasters say it- Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down!! Drink harty my friends and drink good ale, from a can man!! See you out there!!
My favorite disc golf beer is bells oberon. so nice so refreshing

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968