www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I battle with this all of the time.....Do you throw your mid range discs like you throw your drivers ?  Do you use a different grip, a different step up, a different stance  to throw your mids than you do when you throw your drivers ?  Please let me know....

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

my run-up is ALOT slower if I throw Mids , but thats all, my grip my stance are all the same but like i said my run up is alot shorter and slower
do you 3 step x-step ?
I struggled with this for quite some time when I started playing DG. I couldn't throw any midrange because I was trying to throw it like a driver. I was basically trying to throw a Roc, buzzz, etc with a power grip and at 100%. Unsurprisingly, this never worked. Everything would turn over instantly and drastically, and was terribly unpredictable.

That was my situation until I changed to a modified fan grip for all my midrange and putter (up)shots. (I do slow down a bit too, like Trae suggests.) Now my mid and upshot game are some of my biggest strengths and fly very predictably.
its more like 7 step x step
thanks for the reply...Savvy ! Now when you fan grip do you have your index finger on the rim ?? Your advice is appreciated....
lol wow 7 step x step.... I'm trying to keep it real simple so I can take out all of the room for errors ya know.... if I tried a 7 step it would be terrible looking kinda like a drunken sailor....
Throw the round one
well its what works for me..i have to have a "runway" when i drive or throw an up shot...watch my videos and you'll see how i do it
I throw drivers all 4 fingers under. For shorter Mid range shots, I put my index finger along the rim and 3 fingers under. For longer midranges often I will put all 4 under. Also I use a 3 step like run up when midranging.
I use a shallower x step.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968