www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i like to drive with putters a lot, i have used a challengers and wizards before but there not doing what i want any more. ive tried rynos and pigs and there too overstable and was wondering if you all had any suggestions?

ok i have now chose to throw a jk pro aviar!!!!! so thank you all very much for the input. and keep them coming im open for new ideas. thank you

-short shorts

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ive tried the cryztal challengers and they work fairly well. if you havn't already gave them a shot check them out. much different compared to a standard challenger.
i will have to agree with anybody who said a classic roc i love mine and would go for any other disc
Roc, roc, roc, roc, hey, have you ever tried driving with a roc? I think this discussion should have been titled, "driving with midranges"
The classic roc is actually a putt and approach disc

Mike said:
Roc, roc, roc, roc, hey, have you ever tried driving with a roc? I think this discussion should have been titled, "driving with midranges"
Have you tried an Omega SuperSoft? Excellent mid-range and short drive putter. As far as putting with it...don't get me started! ;-) Hope you find something that works for you.
when you say challengers aren't doing what ya want....do you mean they are too flippy. I have found that ESP banger gts are money for putter-drivers.... very durable, can handle a good amount of snap, and feel really good in the hand! IMO they are more stable than a challenger but not as stable as a Pig or rhyno...
Hey. I too drive with my putters. Im good up to about 325-350. Playing in Rochester,NY and having the benefit of 2 Hall of Famers to learn from since 82 they taught me alot about playing with putters and midranges. my bag has the following:

169,171,178 Z-Wasp
2 175 Z-Magnets
172 Pro-D challenger
170 soft Challenger
2 175 Flexchallengers
170 Z-Flick
160Flex Predator
170 Z-Flash

Any thing up to 380' will be a putter or midrange. If the Pro-d challengers aren't working go to the Flex. You wont be dissapointed.
I like the Rhyno because I know where it's going and when it gets there, it stops. Never a question of where did that glide come from?
Big bead Innova Aviar is a great straight flyer up to 250 feet. It's slow and will go where you point it and will drop flat with no skip. You can throw them at full speed without worrying about them turning over much. Great approach disc, or driver for ace runs and gimmie placements next to the pin. Used them for 20 years!!!!!!!!!!!
KC PRO Aviars or Aviar x's is a stable but not too stable disc i love to throw. i throw my putters on drives A LOT. probably half of my aces are with putters. such a predictable line. i hear that KC PRO aviars never budge from the day you get them to the day you lose them. tried a pig, hated it. i throw soft challengers at the moment but my preferred putter is the aviar x and the pro-d challenger. those pro-d's are the sniper of putting in my opinion.
kc pro aviar is a great short range driver.
Driving with your putters are a great training tool before moving up to midrange discs !!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968