www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i like to drive with putters a lot, i have used a challengers and wizards before but there not doing what i want any more. ive tried rynos and pigs and there too overstable and was wondering if you all had any suggestions?

ok i have now chose to throw a jk pro aviar!!!!! so thank you all very much for the input. and keep them coming im open for new ideas. thank you

-short shorts

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The classic is more putter like then the other types of Roc's....it's leading edge is rounded not cut with the beveled profile....like your probably thinking of. In other words, it's pretty much beadless. It's an real easy disc to throw and consideribly less stable then the modern versions.
k thanks for the info man! i think my roomates might have one so ill check that out.

Jamie 'gr8rocshot' Ruane said:
The classic is more putter like then the other types of Roc's....it's leading edge is rounded not cut with the beveled profile....like your probably thinking of. In other words, it's pretty much beadless. It's an real easy disc to throw and consideribly less stable then the modern versions.
I love my XD's (I always have 2 in my bag (new and old)), understable and controllable. Good to about 250'. Down wind and no wind. Not very good into the wind (too overstable). I through Wizard's or Gators into a stiff head wind.
I live on my Classic Rocs for midrange. I throw it for everything under 275 ft. They ran champions a little while back, Not CE. Just a regular champion run that are uber overstable. I drive with them life they were short range firebirds. Very nice and by far one of the most under-rated discs in the game. I can't believe how many new players have never heard of a classic roc. Also called smaller diameter 21.2 CM not 21.7 like the Big Bird Versions. Get'cha self a Classic Roc and watch those scores drop. Peace

Andrew Rich
Team Innova
Roots Roc Reggae
Pure Disc Golf
i use the big bead aviar (aviar driver). i've even played an entire round using only this putter, go get better use out of it.
evo wizard, durable plastic and a bit more overstable.
my esp banger is money
Love to drive the putter. Love it! I'll use the deep dish from 300' in unless I'm facing a big uphill or strong headwind. The stable putter gives me tons of control while allowing a larger margain for error. I primarily use a slightly beat but stable beaded pro aviar. When thrown properly, these discs delight the senses by flying high, long, and dead straight with a totally flat "elevator drop" with no fade. It's a beautiful thing.

For more of a cut shot or for headwind, I'll use a brand new big bead pro aviar. For a slight draw or tailwind, I use a beadlesss dx aviar or ss warlock depending on how much I want it to turn. Finally, for the big left to right sweeper I always turn to the trusty dx XD. If you beat it up, it will love you forever.

The more you're able to turn to your putters off the tee, the lower your scores will be.
Whenever I have a shot under about 280' and not super low, I reach for my 12x KC Pro Aviar. Just watch out for trees, the two don't mix very well
I don't much agree with that statement, if you learn to go to your putters more your scores will be lower. I don't know that many pros who throw putters consistently off the tee. Most would opt out for a midrange and just throw it smoother.

Andrew Rich
AVIAR, AVIAR, AVIAR u cant ever go wrong.
I am pretty accurate in the 100 yard range with my Z Putter. I can make it do whatever I want. JuJu's are good for placement drives to well within your birdie range. I've aced a Z-putter on a 287 foot hole.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968