www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So I've never had much luck using my putter further out than say 75' to 100' (approx) let alone driving with it. When ever I would use more than a minimal pull through, accuracy went out the window. I think the major reason for this is my grip. I've tried a power grip, no luck, because my index finger gets caught on the rim. Tried a fan grip, no go, it would just slip out and go no were.

So, what type of grips do you use or any further modifications to your throw when you use a putter for distance.

Thanks and Peace.

Views: 482

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rescue, remember you cant throw a putter like a driver. You have to get some air under it to get distance out of a putter. What putter are you using? I use a KCpro to drive with a mod. fan grip. You might have to give it a little hiser if you are going for max distance.
I can throw a magnet 200+ with accuracy, play some catch and it will work its self out.
Main putter is an APX swirl. For windy days or from approx 50+ I use a JK Aviar, but I've been thinking about using a Wizard again. Since the rim isn't as deep as the JK.
Rescue, note how cocked his wrist is on the throw, he puts a lot of spin on this throw and it just floats gently into the chains (where it appeared to spin for a while). What a beautiful smooth throw and perfect center hit.
You always seem to accomplish much more in your posts with a lot less words. :-)
My old friend Rescue, I'm an Am you know that, I moved my game in wooded areas here to mostly midranges so on shorter straight holes that I need to thread I throw my Lat 64 Spike putter. No matter how hard I throw it it won't flip. So accurate. It has a shallower rim so I can power grip it to throw it. Give one a try. I'd suggest the Zero Line plastic. If you decide you don't like it, get on Discaroo and I'll trade you something for it, I was considering buying another for me so I can have a driver and a putter.
If you normally use a run-up, then you might want to do a walk-up so that your form stays the same and the muscle memory is there to help with the accuracy. Make sure to follow through!
Fork grip that sucker.

Check out Climo's grip vid on youtube, he explains it.
You might even want to consider a Voodoo, It flys a lot like the wizard, slightly less stable, but shallower rim smaller bead.
Um buy a challenger...problem solved haha if you are probs with the deep rim on a putter try a ringer its to shallow for me but I know alotta people who love em
Its modified fan grip with power. Let me see if i can get a picture it allows me 300ft with jk and kc aviars. Also this grip is good for mid range turn over shots as you can adjust your spin to allow the disc to roll over when you want it too takes practice. Notice how the fingers are away from the rim the fingers should be comfortable the thumb pressure should control the grip and power you want. Good luck.
I throw an SS Omega straight at a target. My grip for that shot(I just do it, it's not taught) is a modified grip. I use pinky to suppport the flight plate and place the index finger on the front rim while tucking my middle and ring fingers in. It may be worth a shot to try. Your index finger ends up pointing at the basket just like in a short putt, but I feel the ring and middle finger tucked as a rip point allows the disc to spin more from the center rather than throwing the opposite side of the disc as in a drive. It's harder to overpower/turnover a putter this way and it's pretty accurate.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968