www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have recently jumped into dying disc.  I have done it before but without the serious vinyl cutting process.  I now have been using an exacto on "bumper sticker vinyl" to achieve the dyes.  This is very simple for a 2 tone disc or a 3 color disc if black is one and disc counts as another.  I have always seen really sick dyes that are very detailed...one that comes to mind is the deathstar with the x-wing in front of it. (it's on this site somewhere)  I am wondering how you achieve those multicolored ones...do you cut multiple sheets(assuming that it's too time consuming) or do you precut everything then peel off accordingly...if that's the manner do you cover spots that have already been dyed with a make shift patch???  I would really love some help...I have spit out like 12 dyes in 5 days and have really gotten into it...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Josh

Views: 181

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Idk but i am going to start dying tomarrow and was going to post a similar post but i guess you beat me. Lol.
i use intermediate sign vinyl and i would have to say that the patches idea didnt work that great for me. i tried it while doing a 4 color bob marley print, it came out sweet but it was a pain in my ass and i would recommend keeping it to a two color max dye. if you want a three color, than choose a disc that is one of your chosen colors, that makes it easier. it is very addicting!!!!!!!!! i got hooked right away. i cut the entire image and pull away accordingly, i think if you tried to use multiple sheets it would be tough to line up your secondary sheets with your already dyed portion of the disc. just take your time and make sure the vinyl is bubble free, try to avoid patching, and you will be rockin some sick dyes!
first off, I use walmart contact paper, and I hand cut wiht an x-acto knife. You must cut a new sheet for each and every different color (if you are using the soaking method type of dying)
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

joined this for the dye forums only. don't even know what else is there. These folks will get you rolling. they have helped me out.
Attachments:
Also disc golf review has a great dye section in thier forum
look up dr. dyed on ebay and check out his stash, this guy is sick as they get. he has blown out his competition dyers by a friggen country mile. his shit is seriously..........top notch! you can find his discs on google images too! check em out!
you also have to pay an arm and a leg for them!!
I started dying last weekend... seems to be yet another addictive aspect of this sport. Tell your kids disc golf is a gateway drug
lol
gateway discs are addicting
Tino is correct : first off, use walmart contact paper, and I hand cut with an x-acto knife. You must cut a new sheet for each and every different color (if you are using the soaking method type of dying)
Automotive masking vinyl is the best. Contac and sign vinyl will leave a residue on some discs that is hard to get off. Masking vinyl comes off clean every time.

Dye the black parts first, if you are doing anything with black, because it does not have to be masked for subsequent colors. Try to avoid designs that put one color next to another that is not black.

When I have to remask, I either use the part I cut away for the first dye color, or I use Cran white glue. I tease the Cran into place with a toothpick or other pointy thing. Do not use Elmers instead of Cran. Cran has the perfect stay-where-you-put-it consistency. Elmer's runs like a skinny Kenyan.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968