www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Does anyone else ever go back and look at the early discussions when discgolfersR.us was still in it's infancy? It seems that most rarely got more than just a few replies and hardly any more than ten. I know alot of that is attributed to fewer people being members but it's funny how many of the same topics get repeated over time.
Another thing I noticed is that quite a few of the early bloggers and or persons taking part in those discussions hardly if ever post anymore. Some of that may have been the result of the discussions turning a little heated or derogatory.
Just a thought, go back and check them out when you don't have anything else to do?
And remember to treat everyone here as if they're your friend.

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm still here, I was one of the first 200 or so!
Yeah I have looked back before. Many repeat topics, it's funny how many times I will see a discussion that seems like I have read it not all that long ago, then when I search for the key words and pull it up some of them were from over a year ago. I was member #867 and continue to keep coming back, I like it here. Thanks Terry!
good point Dave. and I'd love to treat everyone here as though they are my friend, but you know what?
not everyone is.
I can treat people with respect and not make judgments till a certain point though.
but at some point, and this was something I had a hard time learning as I really had a tendency to avoid any kind of conflict in my life, I had to learn to stand up for what I believe in.
and what I believe is as long as it comes form my heart and not my head, it's probably correct.
and if I make a mistake ( which I often do ) and ask for forgiveness I would expect the same forgiveness that I would offer someone else.
but when people don't want to reciprocate, and just seem to come from a place I don't like, I'm not going to be friends with them. It's not the end of the world,haha.

sorry, lil off-topic,hehe. I'll go look at some of the early discussions now :)
BTW, how is Gateway coming along? I still haven't made it out to Weatherford, but made it to twin lakes at Mckinney last weekend. brutal course!! but awesome.
Truer words are seldom spoken, friend, if I can call you that? lol
I find it funny how history has a way of repeating itself.
someone just revived a discussion that i forgot i had posted, it sat dormant for a few months and then returned. I don't post a much as i did in the good old days (before there were 1000 dgrusers). i think it's because i know that somewhere i've already shared on thoughts on a particular topic in some other discussion and i've already asked my questions.
I love to go through the forum, pick a random older page and see what it says. How ironic that this discussion is talking about how you should treat others on this site. I have been a member for quite some time, but when I first joined I wasn't really participating in the discussions so much. Now I have a new computer and internet access and since I'm semi-unemployed it's nice to get on and discuss a few things. As Eric said, not all people are your friends and that is true in life as well. I am just a little bit amazed at how quickly things can go downhill when people disagree.

Respect for your fellow posters can go a long way. That doesn't mean you have to agree with everybody. Just try and listen to what they have to say without judging them. It seems that too many people want to speak for the whole disc golf community and that's almost impossible. We all have different reasons for playing the game.
How do you figure out what member number you are? I am curious what mine is.
Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya
Jamie you always know the right thing to say! I appreciate your sense of humor.
People disagree on the comments which is all well and good, but unfortunaetly many take comments personally. Opinion is an opinion, DUH! Due to others insecurities we will continue to bicker and name call like children. I truly agree that we should all be fellow disc golfers, but that isn't the world we all live in. That sucks!
I've noticed that the post question,and answers have become paragraghs,lol.MIA are some of our Aussie mates.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968