www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I can throw a forehand 250' on average and probably 350' on a good throw that 'S' out, but I'm terribly inconsistent. I recently figured out that I was keeping my wrist too stiff and thus not getting enough snap, so I am rapidly improving now. Now I feel my problem is releasing the disc level. I have found that a Star Boss works well for me because I can release it on a fairly drastic anhyzer and it tends to level itself out, so it gives me some room for error.

My questions is, what discs tend to be good for this? A disc that I can put on a drastic angle and it will level out? Ideally (I played baseball) I'm looking for a disc I can thrown forehand at like a 3/4th arm angle like a pitcher. I think I've seen on some discussion about a disc this is possible with but can't find it. Any suggestions?

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

throw a crush flat. or a force on an anny.
Anything that you release at 3/4 will most likely not S out, even with the most stable of discs. I also came to golf after baseball and I had to learn that the hard way!
I throw forehand myself, I just bought an EPIC, you can tune it to fit your style,it added about 30-40 feet to my drives.
Yeah, well maybe not a 3/4 angle but somewhere between that and straight out to the side. If I stride long enough, bend my knees, and kinda dip my throwing shoulder down (getting as low as possible) I have thrown some bombs. I agree its not truly a 3/4 angle I'm looking for, but as close to one you can get to maximize distance...
Tried the Epic and it is useful in certain situations. I often throw a thumber, so its path is perfect for shots when you need the path of a tommy, but cant physically throw one (which I can not). I plan on getting one and figuring it out, but still want to have that good forehand for when you need to get under obstacles and not over them.

Seem some guys throw these Far !!!
Try a Quest Raging Inferno - super fast disc that starts off with a lot of overstability and then gradually mellows a bit.
Try a Wraith. I bomb a beat in one.
The Flick in Z plastic is overstable enough for you to put a ton of annie on it and it will come back. It can also go arrow straight with a hard hyzer at the end. It also has a really shallow rim, so I feel like my fingers come off cleaner and more consistently. Keep in mind that my forehand is inconsistent at best. It's now my primary overhand disc too, displacing the Pulse (also great). I've been hunting for 150g version, I hear those are pretty sweet.
Learning to throw flat forehand is real key, some flash's and Z surges are awesome forehand "learning" discs. The crush will be good once you really get that snap down, and for long s shots.
I picked up a ESP Predator at the beging of the season for forehand drives and it was the best thing that ever happened to my game. Now I have An ESP Pred for long shots with a big S curve for extra D, and And Elite Z Pred for Hyzers.
A Pulse has been my furtherst forehand disc for a couple seasons now. It can take a good snap. Throw it flat and it hyzer flips and takes off.
A Elite Z Avenger is good for a tight shot, it takes that Slight S curve and doesn't take up a lot of room on the fairway from right to left.
A Elite Z Tracker has been my baby this summer. On a forehand shot it can go perfectly straight, or throw it a bit harder and it can go a long way and fade to the left and the comes back with a slight finish to the right.
I recently picked up a ESP Force and have been throwing it for Huge Hyzers.
If you put too much anny on a disc it will bite even the most stable ones will.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968