www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am trying to decided on an overstable mid. Is there anyone who has thrown both of these and could offer some advice? Which one do you prefer and why?

Tags: Element-X, Wasp, mid

Views: 65

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm a huge fan of the wasp just overstable enough great of the teepad 280 ft drives no problem.I t hrow z and pro-d (gotta beat it in ) and my mid range needs are covered
What are the differences between the Warrior and Element-x? How does it compare to the Wasp? Mark you'll have to educate me on the Gateway product.
i havent thrown the element, but i love wasps, i have two in my bag, one beat in Z plastic and one new esp. they are really reliable for me, i use it more then any other disc probably.
Wasp is nice, got one in my bag. I pair it with my Buzzz for straight mids (especially being Buzzz is just a modified Wasp per the Discraft website). Though if I hyzer my Buzzz it flies just like my Wasp.

Honestly I've never thrown the Element-X so couldn't tell ya. Tried Gateway drivers and putters, but havn't tried a mid of theirs.
Element - X flys more KC Pro Roc like then wasp like.

Get yourself a Wasp! If it is the only disc you have in your bag it is a must have disc!
It really depends on how you want to use it, the Element-X is my go to driver for straight 300ft holes. I find the Wasp to be not as stable as the Element-X. The Warrior is much more overstable than the Element-X, and I do not like the feel of my Warrior, however, if you can get one in the new Clear Evolution plastic, get it...it is sweet! If you are just looking for a stable disc for control upshots in moderate wind, then either the Wasp or the E-X should work. If you need a crazy overstable dependable mid, get a demon or a drone, those are must haves, especially for windy weather. Heck my wife putts with a d-drone in the wind. I prefer the Demon....hope that helps.
The Rudibaughs said:
It really depends on how you want to use it, the Element-X is my go to driver for straight 300ft holes. I find the Wasp to be not as stable as the Element-X. The Warrior is much more overstable than the Element-X, and I do not like the feel of my Warrior, however, if you can get one in the new Clear Evolution plastic, get it...it is sweet! If you are just looking for a stable disc for control upshots in moderate wind, then either the Wasp or the E-X should work. If you need a crazy overstable dependable mid, get a demon or a drone, those are must haves, especially for windy weather. Heck my wife putts with a d-drone in the wind. I prefer the Demon....hope that helps.

I got a 2x wasps both I can get an EZ 350' straight drive from. Element - x I would use for more os a long anny that I need to come aroundand flatten out. I think Z wasps are more overstable then an Element - x, ESP Wasps are about same stability.
Don't like the element I acquired, too shallow at the rim, just not comfortable.
I've had a Z-Wasp since '04 & it has lost very little stability, great in the wind and very predictable
awesome, you must have a cannon. I have difficulty controlling a mid accurately for more than a 325ft shot (unless it's downhill) I've never thrown a z wasp, just the X, so I'll check one out. I've got two Element-x's and the one that is older is indeed great for long anhyzers and the other is newer and less beat and it is definately more stable than the x wasps that I have thrown.

Bryan, Feel wise, I would recommend getting each in your hand and going with what suits you better, because they are definately two different feeling discs in your hand. enjoy

4U2NV said:
The Rudibaughs said:

I got a 2x wasps both I can get an EZ 350' straight drive from. Element - x I would use for more os a long anny that I need to come aroundand flatten out. I think Z wasps are more overstable then an Element - x, ESP Wasps are about same stability.

I hope this isn't redundant but I was just looking at the Element-X...what's the difference between it and the Element? Or is there a difference? I'm new to Gateway..

FLX Drone or Z Drone !

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968