www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am looking for a sidearm disc similar to the zone.  I have an esp zone that was super stable, but I've used it so much that it is getting flippy. I have bought about 2-3 other zones that I flip over new out of the box. The only stability I need is so it won't flip over initially.  I tried a flx drone, although it is very stable, it has a slight flip initially which I really dislike. From what I have heard the older zones are the really stable ones, so I am in the market for the 2009 or earlier models.  I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on other discs to try similar to the zone.

I have tried:

flx drone

esp wasp

vibram vp

gateway warrior (very close to the zone)

star gator

I know about the max, whippet, demon, etc...but I want a putter/mid like disc.

Any help would be great.

Views: 435

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That sounds good. I will take 2 green and 2 orange. I will paypal the account soon.

Thanks! Hopefully they are what I've been looking for.

it's not the disc that i the problem. Zones are great. it's probably your grip or throwing motion

Got your paypal already.  They will go out tomorrow. 

Might be the Zones.  There is quite a variation in dominess between the 2009 tournament stamped Zones versus the stock stamped Zones. 

But the 2009s I have are as overstable as a Zone ought to be.  I gave each one a throw. 

I have one from a few years back, hot pink, super flat. I got it in the 2009 Memorial players pack (tied for 11th in MA1)  I would let that go for just about anything. hit me up if you want to make a trade.

They are in the mail.  You should have them Monday. 

The orange ones are table top flat.  The green ones have the slightest hint of a dome.  To me they threw the same, but I throw RHBH. 

If the green ones won't do, keep them in new condition and you can swap them for flat orange ones, or anything else I might have that you would want.  Let's do any swapping at IOS #50 or some other Illinois tournament I come out for. 

I like your style Bruce.

You want Supercolor 2008 Worlds Zones.  ALWAYS FLATTOP.  Very stable, I have 5.  1 Ive used since 2008 and its STILL stable, you can barely see the stamp.  Its a perfect Zone  (imo)

Hey Bruce, are you planning on going to any tournaments coming up? I was hoping I could trade a couple of those zones for other ones, or some other discs. I only threw them each once, and 2 of them were a little flippier than I like. I am playing Mokena's Iron Leaf tournament this sunday. Let me know.

My email is:  jonkugel@gmail.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968