www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am looking for a sidearm disc similar to the zone.  I have an esp zone that was super stable, but I've used it so much that it is getting flippy. I have bought about 2-3 other zones that I flip over new out of the box. The only stability I need is so it won't flip over initially.  I tried a flx drone, although it is very stable, it has a slight flip initially which I really dislike. From what I have heard the older zones are the really stable ones, so I am in the market for the 2009 or earlier models.  I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on other discs to try similar to the zone.

I have tried:

flx drone

esp wasp

vibram vp

gateway warrior (very close to the zone)

star gator

I know about the max, whippet, demon, etc...but I want a putter/mid like disc.

Any help would be great.

Views: 409

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That sounds good. I will take 2 green and 2 orange. I will paypal the account soon.

Thanks! Hopefully they are what I've been looking for.

Got your paypal already.  They will go out tomorrow. 

They are in the mail.  You should have them Monday. 

The orange ones are table top flat.  The green ones have the slightest hint of a dome.  To me they threw the same, but I throw RHBH. 

If the green ones won't do, keep them in new condition and you can swap them for flat orange ones, or anything else I might have that you would want.  Let's do any swapping at IOS #50 or some other Illinois tournament I come out for. 

it's not the disc that i the problem. Zones are great. it's probably your grip or throwing motion

Might be the Zones.  There is quite a variation in dominess between the 2009 tournament stamped Zones versus the stock stamped Zones. 

But the 2009s I have are as overstable as a Zone ought to be.  I gave each one a throw. 

I like your style Bruce.

I have one from a few years back, hot pink, super flat. I got it in the 2009 Memorial players pack (tied for 11th in MA1)  I would let that go for just about anything. hit me up if you want to make a trade.

You want Supercolor 2008 Worlds Zones.  ALWAYS FLATTOP.  Very stable, I have 5.  1 Ive used since 2008 and its STILL stable, you can barely see the stamp.  Its a perfect Zone  (imo)

Hey Bruce, are you planning on going to any tournaments coming up? I was hoping I could trade a couple of those zones for other ones, or some other discs. I only threw them each once, and 2 of them were a little flippier than I like. I am playing Mokena's Iron Leaf tournament this sunday. Let me know.

My email is:  jonkugel@gmail.com

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968