www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What are your Top 5 courses that you have played in MI? (No particular order) 

Mine are...

Flip City

Mason County

Hudson Mills

Stony Creek

Cass Benton (minus how crowded it gets)

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I really enjoy Coldbrook in Climax MI.  Very challenging.  The course plays technical, and is heavily wooded.  I also love Meyer Broadway original and north course in Three Rivers MI.  Two 18 hole courses in one park.  Great scenery.  Victory park in Albion is a lot of fun too.  I haven't had the chance to play a lot of the courses mention so far in this post but hopefully this summer!

Hickory Hills

Grand Ledge

(these next three are Grand Rapids area)

Old Farm

Riverside (sentimental pick, my first course ever)

Brewer Park! 4x9 holes of awesome variety. Can't believe Brewer isn't on anyone elses list yet, if you haven't played, Go.

Get in your car and drive there IMMEDIATELY! Best course I've ever played, great people, cool vibe, disc golf heaven...

The top 3 stand out, after that it is a much tougher call.

Flip City (Shelby), Leviathan (Ludington) and Blue Gill (Wayland, Joe Gill's private course) are all superb and charming and punishing.

The next tier are still great:  Kensington (both courses), Independence Lake (both courses), Kimble Pines, Oshtemo, Hickory Hills, Mason County (all 3 courses, even Beauty is growing on me), Victory, Sleepy Hollow.

BTW, Donny Olow, Addison Oaks and Riverbends are still there but you wouldn't recognize them.

Hudson Mills

Independence lake

Black Locust

Meyer Broadway

Kimball Pines

Unfortunately, those of you who have raved about Kimball Pines in Battle Creek will be upset to hear that a tornado came through on Sunday afternoon and devastated the park.  Pictures are available on www.battlecreekenquirer.com that show the destruction.  The trees are mostly gone and the course is beyond imagination.  The unfortunate jokes that have started around here are calling the park "Kimball Pine" or "Kimball Plains".  The course will never be the same.  FU Mother Nature.

Sorry to hear that... My home course, Stony Creek, got by a tornado/high winds last summer. There was definitely some rearranging done by Mother Nature but from what your saying I dont think it was as bad.

Have you heard stories from anyone who was on the course when it happen?

sorry to hear about kimball pines, I got to play it during K-zoo Worlds in 08. Enjoyed it very much.

Kandahar

Timberlee

Timber Ridge

Willow Brook (Byron)

Kimble Pines

in order of their disappearance!  :(

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968