www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I was out at a middle school football field today working on some of my drives and was experimenting with different backhand grips. I have these pictures of a grip that I haven't seen anywhere and was wondering if anyone else knows if this grip is used by anyone else or should just be thrown in the bucket. I'm sure it's just a modified power grip ..but just wondering. It feels like it comes out of my hand like a rocket but it might be because it's something new and feels different. I hear that audible snap more when I use that grip though.. I've been playing for about 2 years now and average 350-400 ft consistently if that helps any.

-I'll start by putting the ends of my fingers against the inner wall and using my skin at the end of my fingers as support on the outer side of the disc. It naturally forces the disc to have an awkward angle on release so I press down with my thumb to keep the front edge of the disc down. I think a bad point to this is if I were to try this grip on the Boss... I don't think my fingers are long enough to do it.

Photobucket

My fingers freakin' hurt.

Tags: ??, discgolf, drives, grips

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I haven't ever used that grip. I just tried it on a few differen't discs. It seems very awkward on a destroyer and it feels even worse on smaller winged discs. I would say personally I prefer the straight up power grip, where the edge of the disc fits comfortably in your palm with a firm grip on the disc. Just seems it is better suited for more discs.
yeah.. I think my fingers aching.. .is a sign. Doesn't hurt to change it up and experiment every once in a while. I compared the drives to my power grip drive and it doesn't go much farther. It just felt different.
lol, i can tell by how red your fingers are in the photos that you are exerting a fair bit of pressure, and it looks like it would hurt.

I use the power grip for my drives, control grip for midrange throws, and fan grip for putting (still learning the fan grip though).
looks like that grip wouldnt be optimal. nore would the brand of the disc.....I KEEEED I KEEED!
I knew someone like "joshlotto" would be giving the Discraft comment somewhere tonight. haha...I don't just through Innova plastic.. I have 1 DGA Rogue .. lol. I wish I had a video camera to record how it looks through out the drive.
Joshlotto is a chump ;p
hahaha i know im an ass.
It's all good josh.. we understand.
Just picked up a camera, gonna try and get some pics up
i use two fingers on my drive. i'm the only one that i know that throws this way. i still get a loud snap on a good throw. as a plumber i probably have a pretty strong grip and fingers from working and using different tools. i apply a vice grip like squeeze on all my shots except my putt. by the way, i can still throw around 370' flat.
Hey Charles,
That's the way I started out throwing was with the 2 finger snap. I just could never get any control of the tee with it. It was probably my form but.. it's been a few years since then.
I have been using the Bonopane grip for a couple of years now, on drives where I don't need a high degree of accuracy, ie, par 4 holes, and have found it has given me some extra distance.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968