www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

anyone have any suggestions for a good extension pole to carry around for retrieving discs?

I am about to get a golden retriever, but there are 1 or 2 courses around where I can see how having a pole might be a bit better for retrieving discs in the creek.

thanks.

Tags: extension, pole, poles

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have been using a collapsible ball retriever that I cut a piece out of . It makes a hook at the end for grabbing the lip of the disc. When collapsed it is easily attached to the back side of my bag, I roll it up in the flap on my competition bag. One great advantage of this tool is the ease of retrieval out of spruce trees. Sometimes these trees are too thick to climb up the side the disc is stuck in, and with this tool I can reach through to the other side, or above my head. Also good when trying not to get your arm taken off, or bitten in suspect habitats.
thanks again for the suggestions.
Maybe those players in Florida should just wade into the potentially alligator infested water so they don't look like such a "Barney" carrying a pole?
The threat in our park (Tuscawilla) doesn't come from gators...it's bacteria.
there was this video I saw just a couple weeks ago that was linked to Feldberg's website that was basically an extension pole that had a suction cup device on the end. you squeeze the syphon thing down and then grab your disc.. let go and it suctions. I think it's still in development and has a patent. I tried googling it and found nothing but patent websites with the same ideas.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968