www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

so i just ordered some z xtremes and a XXX. I already am a big fan of overstable discs (preds, Xcals, forces...). I was just wondering what everyone else likes to throw when it comes to very overstable discs?

Tags: discraft, discs, innova, overstable

Views: 206

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Drivers: Windy days I break out my good old Teerex, for very windy days. It's the Xcaliber. Fairways, I use a Firebird FL and 150 class Z Flick. Mind you I don't have much power, so these are more than enough.

Mids: Good old Z Drone and my Champ Gator for short upshots that must hyzer and not skip (Gator), but if you want an uber stable mid. I'd say the Champ Whippet X is the most overstable beast out there. Problem is, there hard to find and when you do they are not cheap. My friend throw one and he is a power thrower. We were joking, that he wishes he could pay someone to throw it for a few years to break it in, because it's so overstable.
Out of all of these, it's the Gator hands down. That thing is money!
Good Choices !!!
in my bag, from fastest to slowest: Glo Champ Destroyer, 11x Firebird, Gator, Pig

I did use a T-Rex X, but found the CFR Glo Destroyers to be VERY overstable and I already threw Destroyers.
Xcal for distance, 11x and glo champ firebirds for fairway and mid (and even some short trick and skip shots), and the discraft Zone for a mid. It's labeled as a Putt and Approach, but it flies as far a drone for me and was very nearly as overstable. It felt better in the hand to me (the drone is super fat) so it was the winner. I've found I don't need anything between the zone and firebird speedwise. I think of my zone as a short firebird. When there is a right to left wind and I'd normally throw the fb, I break out the zone and throw it exactly how I would have thrown the fb. I works fantastic.

The zone really is an underappreciated disc-- a diamond in the rough... er fairway.
I also love the zone. i throw it in tournaments all the time, and by the end of the round, people that i had never known before know that i swear by it. however, i was tied for first after the final round of a tourney this weekend, and on the first playoff hole ( a sharp left hook) I threw the zone on a hyzer, and it flipped up and went straight. Dead Straight!!! I missed my long jump put, anad watched my competitor drain his putt. I was pissed so i chucked my zone (probably the farthest i'd ever thrown it actually) somewhere into the woods.
I carry 2, 1 esp worlds zone and a jet black Proto.. Best Hyzer / wind disc
I love my zone. Its got an ace on it. I use it for forehand shots and there is a hole at one of the local courses that I use it to anhyzer around a corner then come back to flat (thrown backhand with a lot of anhyzer on release). I hit metal on that hole 7 out of 10 times I play that hole on average.
i might have to pick me one of those up man! but, maybe a predator before that, because a lot of pro's use those for their distance drive and get wicked distance! tons of anhyzer
Sweet, you guys know what's up!
Dude I'll sell you mine for $10....say when.
Champion Firebird is the most overstable in my bag currently. Can't go wrong with them.
Champion Whippet X thrown hard !!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968