www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I would like to get some feedback from people that have experience with both the Innova Competition Bag & the Fade Tourney Bag. I want to buy one of them and am having trouble deciding. Let me know your preferences and why. I want to know the pros and cons of both. Thanks!

Views: 288

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Ben. In the back of my mind I was leaning toward the Fade because that would hold a couple more discs than the Innova, but I guess there should be no reason that I would need to carry more than 20 anyway. At some point it would get ridiculous carrying more and more discs.
well, you can carry more than 20 in it if you wanted to. i think i have 22 in mine.
I have 3 Fade Tourney bags....I would say they are all excellent. The only plus I would give to the Innova comp. bag is that the pockets are definitely bigger...but you aren't packing your bag with clothes for a trip or anything. The customer service with Fade is excellent they will make sure you are happy. Also the other thing to look at is that you could buy 2 Fade Tourney bags for the price of 1 Innova. I carry 21 disc in the main and I have 2 putters in the pocket. I am like you...I hate coming to hole where I have a disc that would fit perfectly...but then I look down and I don't have it. This is why I got the big tourney bag....I don't need all the disc...but I definitely want them. =) Ask people at your course too if you can where their bag....get a feel for both. You might like the way one rest on your back more than another. Being comfortable is important too...It helps you squeeze in those extra rounds. But I love my fade bags....can't say anything bad at all about them or their company...
Have you worn both bags on your back? What would you say personally about how they feel?
I will say I do like the feel of the comp bag. My buddy has one and I do like it. Don't know for me though if it is enough for me to fork out the $$$ for the Innova bag. I mean you can get a fade bag for $40. Even if it craps out on you after a year I know plenty of Innova bags that have done the same thing. Only difference is that they cost way less to replace. Honestly if you want a bag that last forever and feels great...I would look no further than the revolution bags. But we all don't have $140 for one =). I bought the fades cause they are priced right...and also...I put probably about 12 rounds a week on my bag(s). and it has held up wonderfully for like 5months now.
I am looking at buying it at Disgolfcenter.com. They have a sale on them for the holidays. The price of the competition bag is 49.99 and the Fade Tourney is 44.99 and free shipping, so the price difference is minimal and not part of my equation on which one to get. Thanks for your input!
I went with Fade originally to be a little different. They have more color choices, some are weird but they grow on you, have an excellent warranty, 1 year replacement, have great customer service and the owner is a member here.

They have made some improvements to the bag and it is really a premium bag at a discount price. I have had my tourney bag for almost a year, and other than so dirty spots on the bottom, the bag could be brand new. I play about 2-3 rounds a week, some times more and the bag has held up great.

We have a Fade Owners Group here where Fade Man is always giving out news and taking customer input. They care about their customers and products.

I can't say anything bad about the Innova bags, they look nice, but they are not Fade. I tend to be very loyal to certain companies when they show a good track record, Fade has. I have seen many Innova back straps break(I know they are not the bags) and that can lead to bad impressions for their other products. I like some of their discs though.

I would go with the Fade.
OK EVERYBODY!! I went with the Fade Hat Rack Black limited edition Tourney Bag. I just ordered it yesterday. There was a lot more positive feedback about the Fade and with the new improvements to the bag that they recently added, I figured I couldn't go wrong. I was going to get Blue on Blue, but then I read that the Hat Rack Black had an "extra durable coated bottom fabric" that the other colors apparently don't have. Disc Golf Center charges the same price as the other colors, even though Fade themselves and some other retailers charge more for it.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR INPUT!! I HOPE THIS WAS BENEFICIAL TO OTHERS ALSO!!!

Troy

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968