www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So why is it that I'm throwing my Tee Bird and TL the same distance as my Destroyers and Force?  I feel like the natural reaction would be that I don't have enough power to be throwing a disc like a Destroyer, but I'm throwing around 400'-430' with my Tee Birds, TL, Destroyers and Force.  Not really that big of a deal, but just wanted to hear your opinion.

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think it just boils down to what feels right in your hand. I have a friend that can throw his shark as far as his distance drivers.
According to Innova the only three discs "to break the 800' barrier" are a DX Valkyrie, a Pro Boss, and a DX Teebird. I've never tried throwing a Destroyer or Force, but according to Marshell Street's flight guide they are both more over-stable then the Teebird and TL. Unless I'm throwing into a head wind or need to throw a hayzer, I throw less stable drivers for distance.
From what I have read it was an R-pro boss.
IMO it has to do with Innova's chart. Mainly the "speed" of the disc. Speed is not how fast a disc is, but how much speed you as the thrower must generate to get the disc to perform the way it should. For instance, I have determined that discs with a speed of 11 or lower Is my limit. So I can make my Wraith fly as far if not farther than a Boss or Destroyer (same turn, glide and fade as a Wraith, if I'm not mistaken). Because I can't produce enough "speed" to make the Boss and Destroyer perform the way they are suppose to.
Hope this helps.
That does help, thanks for the input.
If you're throwing 430 what does it matter which disc you throw?
lmao! I was thinking the same thing. Man, I'd love to throw that far!
I need that distance as well. I would love to get a 400
i think your throwing the same because the teebirds and the force have good glide.and if you have a enough power to throw the destroyer it will go.
I think I would cheerfully cut off my pinkie toe if I could throw consistently 400'
Yeah, that's why I was saying it wasn't that big of a deal because I'm perfectly satisfied with my drives. Just wondering your thoughts. The more I think about it, the more I think the glide is a big factor.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968