www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Before you tell me your disc of choice, do you hyzer flip mostly and let your disc do the work or do you manipulate it by tweaking your wrist or with body movement?

Right now, i'm using a 150 class sidewinder for hyzer flips, but don't seem to work in tailwinds.  They work best in headwinds or no wind. I want a disc that will flip over in a tailwind more easily.  My leopard works sometimes.  perhaps my sidewinder just needs more beating?!

I really want a good hyzer flip disc from Discraft, and one that holds an anhyzer line if thrown on an anhyzer angle.

Views: 804

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

173 beat star valk, only disc i can anhyzer/turnover reliably
Depending on how sharp I have to make the cut I will throw a buzzz for hyzerflip or a crystal challenger on a natural anhyzer either disc I can get about 350 out of. If I have to go further I generally grab for a crush.
discraft express
My best disc for a anhyzer is my Comet. And as stated with tail wind this disc will glide a mile.
I just bought my wife a comet for Valentine's, so it'll be a few weeks before she uses it, but i'm kinda thinking that too.
The comet is a great disc, you also might want to look into a Z glide. It is a bit faster and is slightly less stable.
A DX TeeBird will stay the course on a tailwind anhyzer. It's just that if you put too much on it, it keeps on going and going and going. But if you need that huge anhyzer shot, it does the trick. Replace when necessary because it's DX.
If you like the Stratus, but want better plastic, you might try the ESP Meteor.
I've noticed that no one has suggested doing this. Learn to throw forehand, take the most overstable disc you have and throw it forehand, that bad boy will turn right EVERY time.
I was just thinking the same thing. If you're looking for a RELIABLE right turn in most every condition, the forehand is the way to go. The reason I didn't suggest it earlier is because I too choose the anny over the forehand in most situations, simply because I don't practice it enough to do much good with it consistently.
Good thinking.
broken in Z Express or my glide for shorter 300' ish shots

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968