www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Before you tell me your disc of choice, do you hyzer flip mostly and let your disc do the work or do you manipulate it by tweaking your wrist or with body movement?

Right now, i'm using a 150 class sidewinder for hyzer flips, but don't seem to work in tailwinds.  They work best in headwinds or no wind. I want a disc that will flip over in a tailwind more easily.  My leopard works sometimes.  perhaps my sidewinder just needs more beating?!

I really want a good hyzer flip disc from Discraft, and one that holds an anhyzer line if thrown on an anhyzer angle.

Views: 804

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I found that Roadrunners work best for me. Most predictable. Low speed to high speed. For slightly shorter shots BEAT in Rancho Rocs are pretty wonderful! I haven't thrown a stratus in a few years, but I think they work better for slower arm speeds.
Good feedback, thanks gents. Well, my 150 class sidewinder is Star plastic, been curious about the Stratus and Impact for some time, not many have thrown the Impact as it is still new. I notice Roadrunners work well for many, but never have for me. They never consistently did what i wanted them to do. Oftentimes they turned into rollers which isn't what i was looking for. I have an ESP Surge 172g that isn't very flippy unless we're talking headwinds. I have an Avenger SS that pros rave about, but i can't be consistent at all with the disc. I dubbed it my Shankapotomus disc cuz i never know what its going to do. i haven't given it a fair shot either, perhaps more practice with it.

I really want a disc that i can hyzer flip in a tailwind and it flip over on a long anhyzer flight, just like my 150class sidewinder does in a headwind or no wind. Perhaps i'll have to use my body like others have suggested. i've tried it so many times, and it works half the time, the other half i turn it into a roller and then it rolls the opposite direction, very frustrating to say the least.
I'm tell'in ya, the Vision by Latitude 64 kicks A$$. I tried ALL of the discs mentioned and none compares to the Vision. Plus the plastic (Opto and Gold Line) is the best new plastic out there. You won't be sorry.
Yes lets continue to kill american jobs by buying foreign.
Okay, well, I'm going to try to try one this summer. I love my sidewinder though. It would take a lot. I hold you personally responsible in advance for my disappointment.
ditto, if i anny up to buy one (get it?, lol), and it doesn't work out, im blaming Rescue. But i'll have someone to sell it to i suppose :).
I to love my Sidewinder, but it is more of a tight fairway disc for me. Brand new the Vision reminds me of a Sidewinder, but with about 10 to 15 feet more distance. Now that it's beat up, I can give it about 80 to 90% power and it turns over with a predictable flight. I can't say the same for some of the other turnover discs I've tried. Maybe it's because I trust the Vision more? and I also love the plastic. One other thing, I've got several Visions, both in Opto and Gold Line. They all have the same flight characteristics. I can't say the same for Innova or Discraft.
Also, just to make sure I single handedly destroy our economy lol!! Their Halo, Striker and Core are also top notch discs ;)~
commie! lol. yea, i always find it funny that ppl call toyota and honda buying foreign, but somehow VW and Mercedes never seem to get that "foreign" label. heck, if you make something better, im buying it. i don't go for cheap, rather quality.
The impact is not very understable at all. It's a good straight disc, but if you're looking for tailwind turnover, it won't happen with that one. The stratus might be what you are looking for...especially if it's beaten in. I actually slammed a new one on the ground a bunch of times to get the flight of one that I had lost quicker, now I'll be getting a back up for it.

Keep practicing the anhyzer release (using the body). It is one of the hardest shots in disc golf to master, but it's rewards your efforts with strokes saved immediately. If you get it down well, then you won't have to rely on the disc to turnover (which takes a good speed sensitive throw). Then you can throw something stable on an anhyzer release and know it's going to go right within a wide range of speeds. Using an understable disc for this shot is the way to start things out...you get a little help then, even when you goof it up a bit.
impact isn't understable at all? Rating says 0.0, sounds like it could be with a little beating, no? im totally interested in the Stratus except for the fact that they only make it in craptastic plastic.
Stability is relative to a person's ability. Mainly release point, wrist snap, and arm speed. I have an esp Stratus if you want it.
Champion Roadrunner! or Avenger SS

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968