www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Before you tell me your disc of choice, do you hyzer flip mostly and let your disc do the work or do you manipulate it by tweaking your wrist or with body movement?

Right now, i'm using a 150 class sidewinder for hyzer flips, but don't seem to work in tailwinds.  They work best in headwinds or no wind. I want a disc that will flip over in a tailwind more easily.  My leopard works sometimes.  perhaps my sidewinder just needs more beating?!

I really want a good hyzer flip disc from Discraft, and one that holds an anhyzer line if thrown on an anhyzer angle.

Views: 839

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ditto, if i anny up to buy one (get it?, lol), and it doesn't work out, im blaming Rescue. But i'll have someone to sell it to i suppose :).
I just bought my wife a comet for Valentine's, so it'll be a few weeks before she uses it, but i'm kinda thinking that too.
impact isn't understable at all? Rating says 0.0, sounds like it could be with a little beating, no? im totally interested in the Stratus except for the fact that they only make it in craptastic plastic.
I to love my Sidewinder, but it is more of a tight fairway disc for me. Brand new the Vision reminds me of a Sidewinder, but with about 10 to 15 feet more distance. Now that it's beat up, I can give it about 80 to 90% power and it turns over with a predictable flight. I can't say the same for some of the other turnover discs I've tried. Maybe it's because I trust the Vision more? and I also love the plastic. One other thing, I've got several Visions, both in Opto and Gold Line. They all have the same flight characteristics. I can't say the same for Innova or Discraft.
Also, just to make sure I single handedly destroy our economy lol!! Their Halo, Striker and Core are also top notch discs ;)~
commie! lol. yea, i always find it funny that ppl call toyota and honda buying foreign, but somehow VW and Mercedes never seem to get that "foreign" label. heck, if you make something better, im buying it. i don't go for cheap, rather quality.
Stability is relative to a person's ability. Mainly release point, wrist snap, and arm speed. I have an esp Stratus if you want it.
The comet is a great disc, you also might want to look into a Z glide. It is a bit faster and is slightly less stable.
If you like the Stratus, but want better plastic, you might try the ESP Meteor.
I've noticed that no one has suggested doing this. Learn to throw forehand, take the most overstable disc you have and throw it forehand, that bad boy will turn right EVERY time.
Good thinking.
I was just thinking the same thing. If you're looking for a RELIABLE right turn in most every condition, the forehand is the way to go. The reason I didn't suggest it earlier is because I too choose the anny over the forehand in most situations, simply because I don't practice it enough to do much good with it consistently.
Star Beast, Star Sidewinder, but both are quickly getting replaced in my bag by the Katana. My Campion Katana turns after a far line, about 300, and my 172 Star Katana will turn much sooner and not come back, and my 168 Pro Katana will turn right away and keep turning!
___Tab

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968