www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have an Elite X and a Z Buzzz and they are the same weight. I prefer my Z Buzzz but I was considering buying a FLX as well.

My question here is which do you prefer of all the Buzzz plastics and why.

Views: 115

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i have my second ace with the X plastic but have crystal z and Z but sofar i like my X, still want to try the FLX.
I love the FLX - glides well and doesn't skid as far when it lands - very important when you don't dare go long.
Any Cryztal Z or Z plastic. I've tried the esp and flx and it was more flippy than the Z. I like a good stable Buzzz, and I just recently picked up a max weight Champ Roc. Flys very similair to the Z Buzzz.
You should use whichever plastic feels the best to you. In any of the candy plastics (Z, ESP, X, FLX) they will hold their flight characteristics for a long time. Buzzz's tend to be very consistent within plastic types so whichever Buzzz you choose you can easily learn it and adapt to it.

Buzzz's are a great disc because they fly straight when you release them flat. I carry one that has broken in from years of use so it gently turns. I have one which is dead nuts straight and I have a fresh, strong one which hyzers out at the end. I chose each of them (one in X , two in Z) because I loved how they felt (tackiness of the plastic), how they sat in my hand (flat topped) and how they looked (color).

If you pick a disc which you love before you throw it it will fly better in your hands. Once you throw it and learn it you will develop confidence in it. But every time you pick it up it will feel great and that feeling will bolster the confidence you have in it.
FLX
The only one I've thrown is in Z plastic. But I really like it alot.

If the Pro D Buzzz wasn't so flippy right off the bat I'd still be throwing a Buzzz today. The flight of a Z Buzzz (haven't tried others) is fantastic. As it stands I throw Dx Rocs because I like the feel of dx and pro d plastic in mids and putters.
considering i just received an ESP... i think i will stick with that!
Yeah the Z is awesome on the Buzzz, I usually prefer the grippier compounds but with a mid range I suppose this is less of an issue.
Mine tend to fade alot at the end of their flight though, will be interesting to see if they hold their line better with age.
I've thrown the Buzzz in X, Z, and FLX. I like them all for different situations. FLX I like to use during the winter months, Z I like to use for a headwind as they've been a tad more stable than FLX and X, X I like because it seems to have more glide and once it gets a little beat you can finesse the disc a little more for straight shots, especially if you're in a confined space...but then again I'd rather use the Comet at that point.
These fly great !!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968