www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Shopping for new shoes and looking for suggestions. Looking for durability but also comfort. And of course they must be waterproof.
Thx!

Views: 306

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would go with any thing Merril or at least Vibram sole. As far waterproofing, there has yet to be seen a shoe that both meets the mobility demands of disc golf and stays waterproofed. (the pivot when you throw tears shoes apart and the water proofing is usually gone in 1-4 weeks)

Merrill Moab Ventilator Gore-Tex - I've owned three pair, Last me about 2 years...I just keep buying the same shoe because they are the best, most comfortable shoe I've ever owned.

Anyone give the Keen Devlaveagas or the Milo 2's a try?

Has any tried those skele toes shoes or any variation on them?  The ones that actually have slots for your toes. 

Really Does not matter the name brand or other type of shoe you get !

Just remember , you and only you will be wearing them.

First , make sure they are super comfortable.

Second , make sure they have good grip.

And last , if possible , Waterproof if necessary.

Own Merrell, Salomon, Teva ... Keen.

get them all waterproof.

There are good points about all of them.

Try many. 

Having had to wear corrective shoes as a child, do not skimp on shoes and wear many... rotate them. Have more than one pair. It is healthier for your feet.

Once you find a pair you like, shop online. There are sales all over. REI, Zappos, etc. Use the search engine, type in the type of shoe, and surprise - you will see who is selling what at any price. 

Good luck.

5-10 Impacts. Going on a year plus! best shoe I've ever tried for disc golf. NOTHING has come close.

Does your pair have the replaceable sole?

Stealth rubber.

Doesn't look like they carry a waterproof shoe do they?  

I disagree. I've had the Keen Targhee II for nearly 2 years. I bought them because I'm a toe-dragging forehand thrower, and needed the big toe cover--and the waterproof element didn't hurt. I'm glad to say that after close to 400 rounds in them, the vibram sole is worn down from concrete tee pads, but the toe cover is still in tact, the shoe is still waterproof, and I will certainly buy another pair when the current pair turn to dust...

I just go to the Nike Factory Outlet store. Picked up a pair of Trail runners last year for  $ 39.00

Give 3 months.

Used to make stuff with/for them... their shoes wear out.

Clothing that's another story.

I worked with the clothing.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968