www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Since this has to do with overhead throws then why not start a discussion on what to throw when throwing overhead throws.

Tags: Overhead, Throws, Thumbers, Tomahawks

Views: 860

Replies to This Discussion

172 star firebird! 340+ anytime i want
exp1...try it! it's like a longer firebird as far as thumbers go.
If you can get your hands on a second run CE Valk(super flat!) they are long and predictable.
171g CE EXP-1
Discraft Flick EliteZ 171g
Discraft Predator Flx 172g (nothing damages this thing, rocks no problem)
Predator also has the flatest top to a disc I've ever seen.

For Innova Firebird is the way to go, I throw one when I was just starting overhand shots and it was great, but I'm a Discraft guy.

Basically a good flat, low profile disc (like the Flick), also a trianglar shaped rim is nice (why the Firebird is nice).
And OVERSTABLE to hold the glide (unless you want it to go straight) then I use like my Xpress for those short straight ones.

Domey discs are EVIL for any overhand shots.
I'm really loving my Flick!!!! Most players on Discraft's team that throw overhead, throw the Flick

I'm getting blow away by the distance I get with it a good 40+ ft. over other discs I've used for overhead shots.

PoeticLogic said:
Discraft Flick EliteZ 171g
Discraft Predator Flx 172g (nothing damages this thing, rocks no problem)
Predator also has the flatest top to a disc I've ever seen.

For Innova Firebird is the way to go, I throw one when I was just starting overhand shots and it was great, but I'm a Discraft guy.

Basically a good flat, low profile disc (like the Flick), also a trianglar shaped rim is nice (why the Firebird is nice).
And OVERSTABLE to hold the glide (unless you want it to go straight) then I use like my Xpress for those short straight ones.

Domey discs are EVIL for any overhand shots.
ive been using a champion banshee lately, and although it doesnt sail quite as far as some discs, man oh man does it make a beautiful looking turn around the trees!
I have heard good things about the innova boss
Pulse
Flick
Tracker
and anything else in my bag if need be.
Flicks are awesome for overhead shots. I tried a Pulse for thumber once, it was okay. I love the Pulse for sidearm shots though. It's my main sidearm disc.

Tracker, really? Usually people use way overstable discs for overhead shots. Though I tried a Xpress a few times for really straight overhead shots.

Cassidy Mayne said:
Pulse
Flick
Tracker
and anything else in my bag if need be.
I throw a lot of Tomahawks and i usually use a Star Max when i need to it to go further right but the straighter ones i use a beat up star destroyer it just seems to go pretty straight everytime i thow it.
My Z Flick, Pulse, and the DX Eagle often yield excellent Thumber results. :D

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968